5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding chrome.....

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is a different concept to most of the people here. It seems like most here like to delete the chrome pieces and get color matched bumpers....BUT...I'm old and old-school...I like chrome. With that said has anyone added the chrome belt moldings and window trim from a Limited to their Big Horn?

mophead

Reaction score
Might search to see if anyone removed it. Might give you some insight and help, some anyway. Posts upgrading emblems from chrome to black or colored showed me the tailgate emblem has a locator and attachment hole through the tailgate. Never know what you'll learn

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The chrome package was a factory option when I ordered my 2019 Laramie so I do not see why it couldn't be done on a Big Horn.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
My '15 Big Horn has too much chrome. 6.5 years later.....I still don't like it.

My new '22 Rebel.....Night Edition.....no chrome anywhere.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said, ..... I'm old ... and old school. I like chrome. I just couldn't justify going up to the Limited when all I wanted was the chrome around the windows and the chrome body side/belt moldings. I am sure it can be done and I do plan on doing it when the truck finally gets here. I was just curious if any one has already done it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know that people have switched out the chrome pieces for black or color matched pieces, so I know the opposite can be done. These trucks are all basically the same, so replacing pieces with chrome is just a matter of finding the right pieces. One member on either this or another 5th gen forum added the chrome side moldings to their Laramie, and had posted about doing that.

For the record, I'm old too. I grew up in the muscle car era, and love chrome on the cars and trucks of that era. But modern cars don't look as good to me with chrome. But I can respect that you want chrome on yours. Good luck with your parts search. You might need to look at parts for 2019 thru 2021 since they've change so many things for 2022 models.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do have to admit, since joining this site and looking at all the pictures of the members trucks, the blacked out versions of the 1500 are growing on me when the truck is black or dark gray.

Users who are viewing this thread