5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding cell phone remote start

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 big horn. Fairly plain. Not a lot of frills. I do have factory remote start. My question, is there a way to add cell phone remote start. Not talking the guardian that does stock. Is there an aftermarket gizmo that I can add that will make my factory remote starT cell remote start?

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Have to look into that. Kind of wanted to keep factory remote start. Hope jut a cell box to add. But that could be an option. Kind of figured a subscription was involved. There always is now a days

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm sure there's others too...

timdo409

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 big horn. Fairly plain. Not a lot of frills. I do have factory remote start. My question, is there a way to add cell phone remote start. Not talking the guardian that does stock. Is there an aftermarket gizmo that I can add that will make my factory remote starT cell remote start?
Does your car use Uconnect? If so the app has a start button. I have it on my 2021 not sure if you guys had it.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does your car use Uconnect? If so the app has a start button. I have it on my 2021 not sure if you guys had it.
Welcome to the forum 🙂 Uconnect is just the name of the infotainment system in general. Even the small 5" screen is called Uconnect. The app functionality is from the SiriusXM Guardian service that comes bundled with the navigation/hotspot/SOS system.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The UConnect app is garbage in my opinion, takes forever for it to respond. I've had a smart start on a couple of cars and it worked great. The GPS was always accurate. I think I'm going to go with the dronemobile next time around.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
To be able to use Uconnect do we need to pay for a subscription???
New vehicle purchases have a free trial subscription but yes after the free trial expires you need to pay to keep it active. When my free trial is up I will not be subscribing. I dont even know what the cost is but to me it's no worth it regardless

George_RAM

Reaction score
New vehicle purchases have a free trial subscription but yes after the free trial expires you need to pay to keep it active. When my free trial is up I will not be subscribing. I dont even know what the cost is but to me it's no worth it regardless
I had that doubt, my truck is preowned but it has less than 6 months and 8k miles. I don't know if I am legible to use it. I just wanted to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I had that doubt, my truck is preowned but it has less than 6 months and 8k miles. I don't know if I am legible to use it. I just wanted to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
If you bought it from a dealer it may be possible (dont know for sure but worth a try) they can give you uconnect access for a trial period

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online