5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding block heater

Jeremybj

Reaction score
Greetings,

Got my 2019 ram Laramie last week.l, had everything I wanted but no block heater. Dealer wanted $400 to add it. Does anyone know which parts are needed to do it (I would prefer Mopar but not opposed to aftermarket). Also a video on how to install it would be helpful, but as long as the kit has instructions I should be able to figure it out.
Thanks,
Jeremy

573nny

Reaction score
Me too.

Before 2019, you could buy the cable for $100 on Amazon and just plug it in to the engine heater.

I've no idea if the 2019 has the plug and heater pre-installed in the same fashion, or if it requires a full install now.

dreinert

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates or details on this for the Hemi 5.7?

I didn't get the heater option with the truck.

A few things I've found...
Sounds like the actual element may be in the engine but I just have to buy the cord.
Also sounds like it's on the rear passenger side of the engine.

Any updates, info, or confirmation would be great.

lanpowers

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates or details on this for the Hemi 5.7?

I didn't get the heater option with the truck.

A few things I've found...
Sounds like the actual element may be in the engine but I just have to buy the cord.
Also sounds like it's on the rear passenger side of the engine.

Any updates, info, or confirmation would be great.

Did you ever get an answer?

lanpowers

Reaction score
Greetings,

Got my 2019 ram Laramie last week.l, had everything I wanted but no block heater. Dealer wanted $400 to add it. Does anyone know which parts are needed to do it (I would prefer Mopar but not opposed to aftermarket). Also a video on how to install it would be helpful, but as long as the kit has instructions I should be able to figure it out.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Did you ever get an answer?

Users who are viewing this thread