5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Blind Spot

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So I just order a factory build 1500. I wanted the Laramie 1 Package with the Blindspot Monitoring. Being told no go because of chip shortages and Package A without Blindspot is the only option. Don’t want Laramie 2 Package.

does anyone in the know, know if a Laramie with Package A will have all the wiring in place to make it a simple add in the future?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not sure it’s a simple add , I think you have to replace both tail lights with ones that have the BSM .

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that. So they only knock $200 off the package price difference but then it costs $3000 aftermarket.

KCViper

Reaction score
No BSM is a deal killer for me. My build sheet and window sticker both have it listed so it appears that I beat the 2/1 deadline. Not worth a measly $200 credit to go without IMO. Could always search for a built truck and see how close you can get!!

Revans

Reaction score
Hopefully, they install everything as usual and just need the module to plug in. Just ordered today and found this out, $200 off seemed a good bit unfair. Was reading on another thread that several have installed on Big horn by adding some wires under drivers seat to control panel in L kick panel area and adding taillights with the sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread