5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding apps

Christine74

Reaction score
New Ram with UConnect. A few things I'm missing that were better on my 2014 Ram U-Connect. I miss being able to easily rwimd SXM radio as easily as before.
I also miss Yelp. Is there something I'm missing in both of these to make it easier?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean on the Sirius XM.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, it doesn't have a rewind. You can skip backwards on songs. Mine allows me to start entire shows over by clicking start over.

Christine74

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, it doesn't have a rewind. You can skip backwards on songs. Mine allows me to start entire shows over by clicking start over.
I don't like it as much as the older version. I want to add some apps that aren't on this too.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like it as much as the older version. I want to add some apps that aren't on this too.
You can't add apps.
And the rewind feature works you just can't see how far back are you, It's still a feature of UC4 but you can only see it in the 8.4" screens and not the 12".

Christine74

Reaction score
You can't add apps.
And the rewind feature works you just can't see how far back are you, It's still a feature of UC4 but you can only see it in the 8.4" screens and not the 12".
Boo... seems like the bigger screens should have more features. I wonder why yelp isn't included on the apps. Possible because it has Apple and Samsung play.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Boo... seems like the bigger screens should have more features. I wonder why yelp isn't included on the apps. Possible because it has Apple and Samsung play.
You're absolutely right. FCA (now Stellantis) promoted this 12" UConnect 4C system heavily (for good reason), but they never took advantage of its potential.

Dog2puppy

Reaction score
Most likely the Yelp app is one of the least used applications. Having to redesign the application interface for the larger, vertical screen isn’t worth it when it’s rarely used and most people carry a device that accomplishes the same task. AFAIK it’s on the 8.4 inch displays.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boo... seems like the bigger screens should have more features.
You're absolutely right. FCA (now Stellantis) promoted this 12" UConnect 4C system heavily (for good reason), but they never took advantage of its potential.
It's my understanding that the 12" is at the limit of what uC4 can do so some features were dumped to make resources available to run the larger screen.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Can one not run the Android or Apple Auto through the screen and access the 'custom' apps that way? I accidentally hit the 'Android' button this morning, and it popped up my phone's apps on the top split screen... I didn't have time to play with it, since I was in the parking lot at work (and late, at that), but it looked just like the top of the app stack on my RAZR.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm very new to smart phones and haven't had a 'smart/touch screen' system in my vehicles before... so if that's not an actual function or feature, I claim ignorance at this time. ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can one not run the Android or Apple Auto through the screen and access the 'custom' apps that way? I accidentally hit the 'Android' button this morning, and it popped up my phone's apps on the top split screen... I didn't have time to play with it, since I was in the parking lot at work (and late, at that), but it looked just like the top of the app stack on my RAZR.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm very new to smart phones and haven't had a 'smart/touch screen' system in my vehicles before... so if that's not an actual function or feature, I claim ignorance at this time. ;)
Yes - I use wireless CarPlay every day via a USB dongle described in other threads. I typically use this for Google Maps, text messages, occasional Zoom calls, and Apple Music.

What we’re talking about here, though, are apps that FCA intended to add to UConnect over time. They never materialized.

I’d be totally satisfied if FCA/Stellantis would enable full use of the 12” screen for CarPlay, now that Apple supports non-standard display formats. I just don’t see them making the effort.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Gotcha. Like I said, I'm a relative n00b to both smart phones and 'smart' cars - my phone previous to this RAZR 2020 was a Kyocera ruggedized flip-phone. I've been in the IT industry since the mid-'80s and I'm also that guy who will lose my sh!t if I find fingerprints on my screens (so, naturally, I hate touch screens).

Wow. Zoom calls in your truck. That's some pretty cool stuff right there. Bravo!

theRamguy

Reaction score
You can add offroad pages and performance pages. I've got a decent how to if anyone is interested

jent

Reaction score
You can add offroad pages and performance pages. I've got a decent how to if anyone is interested
This is a very old thread, but I am currently looking for that information. A brief write up would be awesome!

THFD334

Reaction score
I’m definitely interested in adding the off Road and performance pages! 2019 1500 big horn, 8.4 non-nav. Is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread