5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding an Exterior Camera System

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a friend who, due to surgery, is not able to turn his head very far to the left or right. It's to the point where when pulling up to a stop sign, checking traffic in either direction is very difficult.

He asked if I had any ideas on how a camera setup could be added to his car that would show the view to the left and right on the front and a back view. The cameras would feed a screen mounted somewhere, probably at eye level on the dash. He said he didn't care how it looked. My guess is that the front cameras would be angled something like 45-60 degrees rather than 90? Anyway, he'd be able to see oncoming vehicles on the screen with only minimal head turning required.

There have been some clever modifications done on this forum and I figured this might be a good place to ask. His vehicle is not a truck and does not have a surround camera, or a backup camera.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a friend who, due to surgery, is not able to turn his head very far to the left or right. It's to the point where when pulling up to a stop sign, checking traffic in either direction is very difficult.

He asked if I had any ideas on how a camera setup could be added to his car that would show the view to the left and right on the front and a back view. The cameras would feed a screen mounted somewhere, probably at eye level on the dash. He said he didn't care how it looked. My guess is that the front cameras would be angled something like 45-60 degrees rather than 90? Anyway, he'd be able to see oncoming vehicles on the screen with only minimal head turning required.

There have been some clever modifications done on this forum and I figured this might be a good place to ask. His vehicle is not a truck and does not have a surround camera, or a backup camera.
Look into something like this.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread