5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding an amp and sub

Hasek39

Reaction score
I’m new to this so be patient with my ignorance. I’m old school but I’m looking to add an amp and sub to my 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn North Edition. I have the 9 speaker alpine I think.
Where is the existing sub? If there is one. Also is there an adapter I can plug and play to provide RCAs and Amp on signal wire. I can wire the rest myself.
Any ideas????

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This had been addressed many times for the Alpine (and HK).
I used the search feature at the top of the page, "Amplifier" and here is what I have for starters:

BTW - welcome to the forums ...

Amp is behind the rear seats .. others have posted photos in their particular upgrade posts.
There is plenty of suggested links as well.
If you are reading this, scroll down and you will see even more links that you can browse :)

Hasek39

Reaction score
This had been addressed many times for the Alpine (and HK).
I used the search feature at the top of the page, "Amplifier" and here is what I have for starters:

BTW - welcome to the forums ...

Amp is behind the rear seats .. others have posted photos in their particular upgrade posts.
There is plenty of suggested links as well.
If you are reading this, scroll down and you will see even more links that you can browse :)

View attachment 31321
Thanks. Good to be here. I was hoping for a less expensive solution. I have the alpine system in my big horn and cant seem to find the subwoofer location. It is listed as 9 speakers but I only count 7. Maybe I’m misinformed

chithead

Reaction score
It's actually a super slim subwoofer and enclosure behind the rear passenger seat mounted to the rear cab wall.

Hasek39

Reaction score
It's actually a super slim subwoofer and enclosure behind the rear passenger seat mounted to the rear cab wall.
Do you know if the signal going there can be used for a mono amp and sub or is it already amplified???

Users who are viewing this thread