5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding AMP to 2020 1500 8.4 uconnect with basic non alpine 6 speaker package

JP305R

Reaction score
so i installed the kicker key 180.4 and got it to work i had to add the KISLOAD2 in bi-amp mode with the detect radio feature on the AMP on for the speakers to play. However everytime i turn off the truck they dont work and i need to remove the radio fuse for them to work everytime any ideas what the issue is???

cajun456

Reaction score
How did you wire the amp? I installed the Key180.4 in my 2021 1500 (with base 6 speaker) and don't have any issues. I used the PAC ANC-CH01 to connect the speaker wires and even jumped off the power and ground from the ANC to power the amp.

dano257

Reaction score
How did you wire the amp? I installed the Key180.4 in my 2021 1500 (with base 6 speaker) and don't have any issues. I used the PAC ANC-CH01 to connect the speaker wires and even jumped off the power and ground from the ANC to power the amp.
Did you power it from the ANC? That sounds awesome! No need to run the power to the battery terminal?

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Your problem might be due to the KISLOAD2 remove it. It is not needed for the base system the radio is not looking for a particular resistance.

BrickWurX

Reaction score
Didn't you already start a thread on this question here?

Also a reminder to fill out your sig line with basic info on your vehicle, so people know how to properly help answer your question.

cajun456

Reaction score
Did you power it from the ANC? That sounds awesome! No need to run the power to the battery terminal?
Yes. I just connected to the wires from the harness. Yellow is positive and black is negative.

Chavez98

Reaction score

Does the PAC work with the HK system?

Chavez98

Reaction score
I don't think it does if you have a factory amp.
Thanks for the reply. I read the HK upgrade thread but left somewhat confused. OP used a AmpPro but others had success with simple line out converter. Others mentioned this PAC NCS could be used. I need to do more digging. Thanks.

cajun456

Reaction score
M
Thanks for the reply. I read the HK upgrade thread but left somewhat confused. OP used a AmpPro but others had success with simple line out converter. Others mentioned this PAC NCS could be used. I need to do more digging.
No problem. Yeah, it gets a little complicated when the factory amp is involved.

raulerdz

Reaction score
By any chance do you have the wiring diagram or pics on how you wired the speakers to the amp

Users who are viewing this thread