5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Key in Apple Wallet

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
I suspect I already know the answer before I post, but it won't hurt to ask. I updated my iPhone to iOS 14, and there is a feature which allows you to add an electronic key to the Apple wallet which will then allow you to start your vehicle, lock and unlock your vehicle, etc. all through your phone. It even says it will allow you to drive your vehicle (and leave your fob home) just by putting the phone on the wireless charger. Finally the question - "Has anyone been able to do this yet?". The instructions on the Apple site point you to the vehicle manufacturer's website to see if the vehicle is compatible. I suspect the answer is "NO" since they want to charge us for Uconnect. I am with the others that refuse to pay for the privilege of using my phone for this purpose, so when Apple came out with this feature, I became hopeful that someone got it to work.

Anyone?? If yes, please share how you did it.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suspect I already know the answer before I post, but it won't hurt to ask. I updated my iPhone to iOS 14, and there is a feature which allows you to add an electronic key to the Apple wallet which will then allow you to start your vehicle, lock and unlock your vehicle, etc. all through your phone. It even says it will allow you to drive your vehicle (and leave your fob home) just by putting the phone on the wireless charger. Finally the question - "Has anyone been able to do this yet?". The instructions on the Apple site point you to the vehicle manufacturer's website to see if the vehicle is compatible. I suspect the answer is "NO" since they want to charge us for Uconnect. I am with the others that refuse to pay for the privilege of using my phone for this purpose, so when Apple came out with this feature, I became hopeful that someone got it to work.

Anyone?? If yes, please share how you did it.

I think bmw is the launch guinea pig for this Ios14 has the structure but almost no cars can do it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Nothing yet for our trucks and I would suspect it would require a chip that is not present in our vehicles yet so it may not be a retrofit.

Users who are viewing this thread