5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Block Heater

clazer

Reaction score
Has anyone added a block heater to their 5th gen 5.7L? Mine doesn’t have it but I’d like to add it.

Searches revealed a bunch of people unable to find theirs behind the air box and one person that heard the heater was always installed, just not the cable.

Any experience or part numbers would be appreciated!

ryanc111

Reaction score
Has anyone added a block heater to their 5th gen 5.7L? Mine doesn’t have it but I’d like to add it.

Searches revealed a bunch of people unable to find theirs behind the air box and one person that heard the heater was always installed, just not the cable.

Any experience or part numbers would be appreciated!

Funny enough, I just got a call from my dealer that the heater and cord I ordered just arrived. Installation instructions have been hard to come by but I found this installation video for a 2016 1500 and I am hoping that it should be very similar, if not the same, for us.

You can find them cheaper online of course but the price was close enough for me that I decided to keep the business local.

I don’t have the part numbers handy but I will post them when I have them. That being said, I found them originally by searching on the forum so they’re here somewhere.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I ordered mine on-line for a WHOLE lot less than the dealership. I did have the dealer install though.
2019 ~ DT Ram - 5.7L E-Torque Block Heater - 5149022AB
2019 ~ DT Ram 1500 - Block Heater Cord - 68357825AC

I do think there is now a kit out to include the above plus a bolt. Not sure on this though.

clazer

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, all! Think this gives me enough info to be dangerous!

RamThunder

Reaction score
I ordered mine on-line for a WHOLE lot less than the dealership. I did have the dealer install though.
2019 ~ DT Ram - 5.7L E-Torque Block Heater - 5149022AB
2019 ~ DT Ram 1500 - Block Heater Cord - 68357825AC

I do think there is now a kit out to include the above plus a bolt. Not sure on this though.
I know this thread is a year old, but do you remember about what it cost for a dealer to install?

I just had a dealer tell me today that they figured 2 -2 1/2 hours at $80 per hour, which seems a little high.

Thanks

ryanc111

Reaction score
I know this thread is a year old, but do you remember about what it cost for a dealer to install?

I just had a dealer tell me today that they figured 2 -2 1/2 hours at $80 per hour, which seems a little high.

Thanks

I don’t remember the actual cost but after attempting it myself I did end up taking it in to the dealer. Between trying to access and break the necessary bolts loose it was worth it to me to pay them to do it. I would guess it was just south of $200 so not that far off your estimate.

shrubs2000

Reaction score

Thanks
Mine was just over $200ish. IMO well worth it for free. They ran it up to the tow hook. I kept it there all last winter and once spring hit, I wrapped the end and secured it behind the bumper.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I purchased my parts for just under $100 in Oct 19 but not from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread