5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a 3rd Key Fob

kon5t

Reaction score
Any ideas how to program additional key fob's? Do they have to be dealer programmed or is there a squence as with most cars?

geotex1

Reaction score
Actually, most new cars do not have DIY fob programming. Specifically for the 5th Gen RAM, it is dealer only. I had a 3rd thrown into my purchase deal, but looking at the paperwork they would have charged about $330 for an off the street for the fob and shop labor. This was for a fob with RS as well.

JAK

Reaction score
Can't remember exactly how much I paid. But my 3rd keyfob cost me abound $225 from the dealer I think.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rams require a PIN number to program keys and a programmer . They started that because of shops and others that may have access we’re making keys and the owner wouldn’t know.

Dealers that you bought from are easiest to get the pin from. Because you are documented as the owner . Once you have the pin you can program keys with an inexpensive programmer.

Keys can only be programmed once though so you can’t buy a used fob and reprogram

Users who are viewing this thread