5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added Wireless QI Charger to my 2020 Ram Bighorn

Maverick4

Reaction score
So I had a chance to play with it in my truck and I'm experiencing the same thing Maverick and Moparleo are. In USB ports 1, 2, and 3 it will connect, lose connection, blink, reestablish connection and repeat. It works like it should in the console USB port and port #4. I'm wondering if that's part of the Carplay issues I have (it sometimes loses carplay connection for no reason). But not sure if that's something that is reportable.
I am sorry that you're having problems as well. But I've been researching on here and curious, do you think that this issue we seem to be having could be related to having a bad media hub? I've seen where others have had similar issues and reported this being the cause.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I did something similar a few years back to mine. I went a different route though because I wanted everything hidden and I rarely use that phone holder that RAM provided.

The power comes from the 110v outlet inside the console and the coin tray goes right over the top of the Qi charger that I disassembled.

IMG_9187.jpg

papester

Reaction score
I am sorry that you're having problems as well. But I've been researching on here and curious, do you think that this issue we seem to be having could be related to having a bad media hub? I've seen where others have had similar issues and reported this being the cause.
That may be the issue as I have no problems and I tried two different chargers.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added this to mine today using Command strips and it works perfectly. Thank you for the idea!

Borderc21

Reaction score
I did something similar a few years back to mine. I went a different route though because I wanted everything hidden and I rarely use that phone holder that RAM provided.

The power comes from the 110v outlet inside the console and the coin tray goes right over the top of the Qi charger that I disassembled.

View attachment 48703
Do you have any more picture of this install that you could share? I really like the idea of have all of it hidden!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Do you have any more picture of this install that you could share? I really like the idea of have all of it hidden!

K_Hub

Reaction score
I originally was looking to add the Mopar Wireless Charging Accessory to my 2020 Bighorn but did not feel like having the dealer enable it for me. The install seemed pretty straight forward but having to pay the dealer to program the truck so it could be used just didn't sit well with me.

So i thought about another way of adding QI Wireless Charging.

I picked up one of these pads from Amazon (CHOETECH Wireless Charger, 10W Max Qi-Certified Fast Wireless Charging Pad)
View attachment 43061

One of these cables from Amazon (Right Angle Micro USB Cable Short,SUNGUY Reversible 1FT 3pack 90 Degree)
View attachment 43062

Some 3M Molding Tape
View attachment 43063

For the installation, i taped the charging pad so that when i place my phone in the phone holder, i could still have a cable attached to the phone.

Here are some pictures of the unit installed.
View attachment 43064
View attachment 43065
View attachment 43067

All in, it cost me about $23 for the solution. It may not be as clean looking as the OEM solution, but it works :)

Have you ever had an issue with getting an error on your screen from the charging pad? I bought the same unit and once it’s connected it immediately causes non compatibility errors on the Uconnect12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/