5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added OEM Fogs to my Bighorn today

deanfx

Reaction score
I saw on Mopar's accessory page that the OEM foglight kit was available. I got them from Amazon and had the dealer install them today. I love the look vs the squared off halogen lights the Bighorn had. The temperature of the headlights and foglight are off now, but that doesn't bother me yet. Check out part number 82215273AB.

Steve A.

Reaction score
Do u have pics of them installed?, I was thinking about these also but wasnt sure yet, are they plug n play or what....

dsn112

Reaction score
It is plug and play. If you want to see what they look like, look at any truck with LED headlights. They are everywhere. IMO the morimoto lights cost less and look better so buying the oem's is a tough sell to me. Especially if you are leaving the halogen headlights intact. Not sure why you would want such a stark difference in color temp.

deanfx

Reaction score
It is plug and play. If you want to see what they look like, look at any truck with LED headlights. They are everywhere. IMO the morimoto lights cost less and look better so buying the oem's is a tough sell to me. Especially if you are leaving the halogen headlights intact. Not sure why you would want such a stark difference in color temp.
When I ordered them I thing some alcohol was involved. But I'm good. I'll change the headlight at some point. With that said the LED's look so much better than the others that I'm cool with the temp difference.

dsn112

Reaction score
They do look alot better. I Like the blackout look and the price of the Morimotos, or I would have considered these too. I also wanted to save some cash after dropping $1250 on headlights.

deanfx

Reaction score
They do look alot better. I Like the blackout look and the price of the Morimotos, or I would have considered these too. I also wanted to save some cash after dropping $1250 on headlights.
The headlights are nice. I have thought real hard about changing tails to LEDs. However, after seeing so many issues with backup lights on those and I just don't think they look that great, I'm sticking with the original ones. I did add diode dynamic LED reverse lights.

Tlaug01

Reaction score
I saw on Mopar's accessory page that the OEM foglight kit was available. I got them from Amazon and had the dealer install them today. I love the look vs the squared off halogen lights the Bighorn had. The temperature of the headlights and foglight are off now, but that doesn't bother me yet. Check out part number 82215273AB.
Does the dealer have to flash truck to get them to work? I just installed same kit and they don’t work.

deanfx

Reaction score
Does the dealer have to flash truck to get them to work? I just installed same kit and they don’t work.
It's very possible. Hell they should do it for no charge at the dealer where you purchased your truck and genuine Mopar accessories.

papester

Reaction score

Can you scan the install instructions and post them here. I would like to review them before I make a purchase to see if they say a dealer needs to add them to the VIN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deanfx

Reaction score
Can you scan the install instructions and post them here. I would like to review them before I make a purchase to see if they say a dealer needs to add them to the VIN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would but I don't think they came with instructions. At least I don't have any.

Cstoneram19

Reaction score
We’re you able to get your set to work? Mine intermittently cuts off when driving and sometimes will turn back off and other times it will stay off until the next time I drove the truck. Also I see reference to some wire harness which is included in the kit but there was none in my box. Did you have a wiring components. I have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn. Side note I did flip the wires as described so polarity should be correct.

Tlaug01

Reaction score
We’re you able to get your set to work? Mine intermittently cuts off when driving and sometimes will turn back off and other times it will stay off until the next time I drove the truck. Also I see reference to some wire harness which is included in the kit but there was none in my box. Did you have a wiring components. I have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn. Side note I did flip the wires as described so polarity should be correct.

Dealer has to flash to enable leds. I sold mine and just bought the morimoto xbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cstoneram19

Reaction score
Dealer has to flash to enable leds. I sold mine and just bought the morimoto xbs.

Thanks for the fast response I hope this isn’t a stupid question but by flash is this the same as adding the vin code to the computer or is flashing different?

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response I hope this isn’t a stupid question but by flash is this the same as adding the vin code to the computer or is flashing different?

I’m not entirely sure. I would think it is. Did you flip the polarity in both plugs?

Cstoneram19

Reaction score
I’m not entirely sure. I would think it is. Did you flip the polarity in both plugs?

Yea both have been flipped from how they originally were with my round halogen lights.

I tried calling one dealer this evening who said it shouldn’t have to be flashed but I have a feeling it does.

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Yea both have been flipped from how they originally were with my round halogen lights.

I tried calling one dealer this evening who said it shouldn’t have to be flashed but I have a feeling it does.
Yea, I know it does need to be flashed. I didn’t want to pay another 100$+ to activate them

deanfx

Reaction score
I had to have mine flashed. They lights would temporarily work then not work.

Cstoneram19

Reaction score
I had to have mine flashed. They lights would temporarily work then not work.
Is yours the new body style or classic body style?
mine is the new body style. Went and had them programmed and still cutting off Within a few minutes of starting the truck and come on and off regardless of them being turned on in the dash.

Im not sure what it could be at this point. Did you install them yourself? If so did you flip both wires in both plugs to correct polarity i did because it said to In the installation instructions but I’m wondering if only one should have been flipped.

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Is yours the new body style or classic body style?
mine is the new body style. Went and had them programmed and still cutting off Within a few minutes of starting the truck and come on and off regardless of them being turned on in the dash.

Im not sure what it could be at this point. Did you install them yourself? If so did you flip both wires in both plugs to correct polarity i did because it said to In the installation instructions but I’m wondering if only one should have been flipped.

Try only flipping the passenger side.

Cstoneram19

Reaction score
Try only flipping the passenger side.

Thank you I’ll flip back the drivers side and give it a shot. It seems weird too as it seems the drivers side is the one I have more issues with maybe flipping that side back is the magic.

Users who are viewing this thread