5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added my A.R.E Tonneau!

doublenichols

Reaction score
Awesome. I had an ARE bed cover on my 1999 Ram and I loved it. I just got a 2019 Longhorn on Monday and I’m going to put an ARE cover on it.

Which model is yours?

And a few pics would be appreciated.

Your truck looks awesome. Black is sharp.
Thanks!!! It's the LSX II. I placed the order for an LSX Ultra, but the shop who ordered it claimed that A.R.E didn't have what I wanted, so he ordered the LSX II (without my permission of course). Waited about 6 weeks to get that disappointing surprise. He ordered all of the features of the Ultra (keyless entry, led lights, etc.), but it's missing the shroud that covers the hardware. I've owned 2 LSX Ultra's on previous RAM's. The only reason I didn't demand a refund of my deposit was because aesthetically it still looked pretty sweet on the truck. I'm adding a BedRug next week, and will post additional pics then.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks!!! It's the LSX II. I placed the order for an LSX Ultra, but the shop who ordered it claimed that A.R.E didn't have what I wanted, so he ordered the LSX II (without my permission of course). Waited about 6 weeks to get that disappointing surprise. He ordered all of the features of the Ultra (keyless entry, led lights, etc.), but it's missing the shroud that covers the hardware. I've owned 2 LSX Ultra's on previous RAM's. The only reason I didn't demand a refund of my deposit was because aesthetically it still looked pretty sweet on the truck. I'm adding a BedRug next week, and will post additional pics then.

Thanks for the reply. I beleive that model has the protective trim around the edges which I like.

I’m going to Google BedRug to learn about it. Might want to get that also.

doublenichols

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I beleive that model has the protective trim around the edges which I like.

I’m going to Google BedRug to learn about it. Might want to get that also.
The LSX II does normally come with the protective trim, but given my past experiences, I stay away from it. It fades, discolors, and chips. It's not on my current cover. Aside from the extra set of scissor hinges, and the shroud underneath, it looks identical to the LSX Ultra.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The LSX II does normally come with the protective trim, but given my past experiences, I stay away from it. It fades, discolors, and chips. It's not on my current cover. Aside from the extra set of scissor hinges, and the shroud underneath, it looks identical to the LSX Ultra.

My old foggy brain can’t remember if my previous ARE had the trim. I think it did though. I have covered parking at home and at work, so that helps with fading paint, etc.

I checked out the BedRug bed liner and BedRug bed mat. I’ll likely just get the mat and the tailgate mat. I’ve got the factory spray in liner and I want be doing any heavy hauling in the bed.

Are you getting the bed liner or just the bed mat? BedRug looks like a quality product and gets excellent reviews.

doublenichols

Reaction score
My old foggy brain can’t remember if my previous ARE had the trim. I think it did though. I have covered parking at home and at work, so that helps with fading paint, etc.

I checked out the BedRug bed liner and BedRug bed mat. I’ll likely just get the mat and the tailgate mat. I’ve got the factory spray in liner and I want be doing any heavy hauling in the bed.

Are you getting the bed liner or just the bed mat? BedRug looks like a quality product and gets excellent reviews.
Yeah, I'll be getting the full BedRug; mostly because it just looks so sharp. I don't do any heavy hauling either. I'm just into trucks because of the room they offer (I'm 6'6" tall), and it's great to have them when you need them!! This is my fifth Ram, and all have been garage kept. It took some time, but that trim around the LSX II eventually still faded despite not having been exposed to the sun frequently.

doublenichols

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be getting the full BedRug; mostly because it just looks so sharp. I don't do any heavy hauling either. I'm just into trucks because of the room they offer (I'm 6'6" tall), and it's great to have them when you need them!! This is my fifth Ram, and all have been garage kept. It took some time, but that trim around the LSX II eventually still faded despite not having been exposed to the sun frequently.
Pic of the BedRug in my last Ram (2010).

Attachments

• IMG_7585.jpg
    IMG_7585.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 15

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pic of the BedRug in my last Ram (2010).

That does look good, doublenichols.

I went pretty crazy with mods on the Mustang GT that I’m about to sell. Put about $9k of them on the Stang and I know I’m not gonna recouped even half of that when I sell her. But I had a lot fun modding her out. Here’s a pic of her.

I’m hoping I’ll only have a mild version of the truck mod virus with this Ram. The A.R.E. Cover and the BedRug bed mat are the only things on my mind; for now.

Attachments

• E72A1C5B-9530-4A09-8E3E-F811B49CE304.jpeg
    E72A1C5B-9530-4A09-8E3E-F811B49CE304.jpeg
    725.9 KB · Views: 10

doublenichols

Reaction score
That does look good, doublenichols.

I went pretty crazy with mods on the Mustang GT that I’m about to sell. Put about $9k of them on the Stang and I know I’m not gonna recouped even half of that when I sell her. But I had a lot fun modding her out. Here’s a pic of her.

I’m hoping I’ll only have a mild version of the truck mod virus with this Ram. The A.R.E. Cover and the BedRug bed mat are the only things on my mind; for now.
Man!!! That thing is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Somebody's gonna be very happy to get it! Wish "I" could afford it!

Yeah, this time I'm going "mild" myself. Like you, I've put WAY more than I expected to get out of my last couple of RAMs, but still it was pretty fun.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man!!! That thing is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Somebody's gonna be very happy to get it! Wish "I" could afford it!

Yeah, this time I'm going "mild" myself. Like you, I've put WAY more than I expected to get out of my last couple of RAMs, but still it was pretty fun.

Thanks. When this nasty Central Texas weather clears up a bit, I’m gonna have her detailed and then put her on the market. She’s been a great car. No issues and a blast to drive.

But I’m already enjoying being back in a comfortable, practical truck. Getting in and out is a lot easier.

Users who are viewing this thread