5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added Hella horns to existing

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Added a set of Hella horns to the existing factory pair and what a difference. Now people can hear them.

basically removed the radiator shroud/cover (just 12 plastic pop rivets, easy to remove and replace). Then you can see the 2 existing factory horns and the two wires.

I stripped some of the coating off the existing horn wires and soldered a wire into the factory wires. (One for red and one for black) then made a Y connector for each and ran the pair of wires down the side of the radiator to the mounting location. I used cable ties to help secure the red and black pair to several locations. There is a square metal frame part (you should see two bolts sticking out and between the bolts is a 1/2 inch hole) I used that hole to bolt each horn to and attached the wire that came down from above. 1 inch x 1/2 inch bolt and 1/2 inch nut for each horn.

since the horns sit behind the bumper they are out of the way and up above the frame as well.

I purchased the red and black wire from Lowe’s as it came in 25 foot spools so enough wire.

Attachments

• 49FECB20-397C-4ED3-9D25-79DA96F335B2.jpeg
    49FECB20-397C-4ED3-9D25-79DA96F335B2.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/