5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added compustar DC3 remote start question

campnowhere

Reaction score
I just installed the compustar DC3 remote start into my 2019 Ram 1500 5th Gen and so far everything has been working great.

I have noticed when remote starting my car then attempting to drive that when I press on the brake pedal, it turns off the 8.5 display for a second while the screen reboots. Is this normal?

With the factory remote start I would have to hold the brake pedal and press the start button but the screen would stay on. A minor inconvenience it I was wondering if anyone else had this and if I am doing something wrong before I start driving.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
What happens if you press the start button and then hit the brake? Sounds like when you hit the brake first the remote start is disengaged but on a push to start vehicle it doesn’t shut off with the brake so that might explain the brief shutdown.

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
Yes, this is totally normal. I install Compustar systems, and I have one on my truck as well, the radio powering down for a second is nothing to worry about. Also, make sure you close your door before pressing the brake. Truck will shut down if the door is open.

JustARam23

Reaction score
Yes, this is totally normal. I install Compustar systems, and I have one on my truck as well, the radio powering down for a second is nothing to worry about. Also, make sure you close your door before pressing the brake. Truck will shut down if the door is open.
Is the truck shutting down with the door open a aftermarket remote start thing?

I added the factory remote start using AlphaOBD and had my dealer program the factory key fob and it will stay running if the door is open and the break is pressed as long as the key is present...

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
Yes, it is an aftermarket condition. I have a factory remote start as well, and it requires pushing the start button to do takeover. Aftermarket requires the door to be closed and just pressing the brake, not the PTS button.

Users who are viewing this thread