5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added Auto HVAC

FM45

Reaction score
For those of you who wanted or were thinking of adding auto HVAC to your ride it is possible. I followed the posted video and just adapted it for the 8.4 radio. I needed to install the two sensors and change my radio shroud to have the Auto HVAC buttons. The final step was to add the function to my Radio with AlfaObd. I will be doing a write-up with part numbers for all who want to add this to their Ram.

(99) 2019+ Ram Truck Automatic Climate Control Upgrade - YouTube

-=FM45=-

Alptbird

Reaction score
interested. I know this was 10 months ago but I am looking to do this. too.

FM45

Reaction score
More info here--

-=FM45=-

THFD334

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I definitely want to add Auto Climate Controls to my 8.4 non nav.

Last edited:

THFD334

Reaction score
This thread is about HVAC and not ACC. ACC is Adaptive Cruise Control.
Yes sir I mistakenly put ACC. What I want to know about is Auto Climate Control. My apologies

benb1976

Reaction score
have installed the infotainment kit into my 2022 1500 with my stock 8.4 Non Nav and followed the advice in the thread and the hd thread here for Alfaobd settings and I can confirm that after a couple ignition cycles and being patient for 10 minutes the Comfort setting appeared and seems to be working. Also I have the annoying “Uconnect box error” pop up and don’t have any connected services so this shoold work for everyone with a manual AC setup. My knobs however do not function correctly as they knock the system out of Auto mode and a random vent selection occurs. On the other hand my AC is friggin cold now and i can hear the vents and fans change when I adjust the temp, as well as I can hear recirc actually start which I didn’t before. I have the shroud on order with the Auto button so hopefully that will work. Will report any updates. Thanks y’all!!!

benb1976

Reaction score
have installed the infotainment kit into my 2022 1500 with my stock 8.4 Non Nav and followed the advice in the thread and the hd thread here for Alfaobd settings and I can confirm that after a couple ignition cycles and being patient for 10 minutes the Comfort setting appeared and seems to be working. Also I have the annoying “Uconnect box error” pop up and don’t have any connected services so this shoold work for everyone with a manual AC setup. My knobs however do not function correctly as they knock the system out of Auto mode and a random vent selection occurs. On the other hand my AC is friggin cold now and i can hear the vents and fans change when I adjust the temp, as well as I can hear recirc actually start which I didn’t before. I have the shroud on order with the Auto button so hopefully that will work. Will report any updates. Thanks y’all!!!
Just a follow-up, I have swapped in a new shround and the Auto comfort works as expected (its really single zone but set to Auto Dual Zone in Alfa). All the buttoms for climate work as expected. Here is what I purchased to complete:

68421873AA Center Stack Controls (w/ Lane Assist): $229.65
Infotainment Kit for '19-22 Ram 1500: $129.95

A couple notes, my Ram seems to keep Auto temp well, but the fans are always running, never too high for very long as temp is reached, but for temp maintainance in Auto mode there seems to be a minimum fan speed level of 1.5-2.5 speed, and I'm putting fractioinal values here since my manual "click" dial settings (1-7) dont match exactly the speed the Auto fan sets its self up or down to, not sure why.

Curious to know if anyone who did this Auto Comfort mod has the same experience with the minimum fan speed.

Users who are viewing this thread