5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added another Ram to the stable

Nibis

Reaction score
Got my wife a 2019 Bighorn, has some nice options. LED lighting, Tow Package, 12 inch screen. While I was looking her over, I noticed something different on each end of the rear axle housing. Some kind of bracket, a U bolt going around the axle tube, with some brackets that are under it and those are bolted the axle in the area the brakes are bolted on. My 2020 Laramie doesn't have these. My Laramie has LSD, but the Bighorn doesn't, not sure if this is why. Attached pic 20220821_132358.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is the anti moan brake kit. These trucks tend to make a pretty annoying brake moan when going in reverse and the rotors are damp. That kit is supposed to prevent this moan.

Nibis

Reaction score
That is the anti moan brake kit. These trucks tend to make a pretty annoying brake moan when going in reverse and the rotors are damp. That kit is supposed to prevent this moan.
Thanks !!!! My 2020 definitely does this at times.

Users who are viewing this thread