5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added ambient lighting

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not everyone's cup of tea, I know. I dig them though. Added a set of RGB strip lights under the front dash and under the rear of the front seats to illuminate the rear area. Wires are all hidden with exception of the little switch box is double-sided taped in the center console. I have them tied into the headlight switch so they come on automatically when the headlights come on. You can lower or increase the brightness to your liking. They also have other modes which I'll never use. But for around 20$, not a bad little mod.

Kit I used - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087JPV7LX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG-6128.jpg IMG-6131.jpg

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice... I'd be interested in seeing on how you wired it up to the headlight switch.
Just pop the headlight switch panel off to gain access to the wires. I believe the parking lamp signal was orange with purple tracer. I just soldered my power wire for the LED lights to that and used the factory ground behind the kick panel near where your left leg would be while sitting in the driver seat.

Users who are viewing this thread