5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added 2” level struts, stock UCA’s okay?

renzo2213

Reaction score
This weekend I installed the RC 2” level struts, for a full 4” out of them at first, then settled to 3” of lift. Before install the front sat at 35.5” and the back at 38.5”. After install the front was sitting at 39.5”, and now it’s at 38.5” after a little over 100 miles and driving through some very rough roads on purpose to make them settle in. My only concern is the UCA’s. I know you don’t really need new ones when you’re doing a 2.5” level, but I got 3” out of the 2” level strut. Will they be okay? Here a picture of them
c14cd984a19a960cfb177bd01f56eb87.jpg
a96119ce58e786c8319184e568e4b5a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
No suspension expert, but a UCA is going to give you better articulation on full droop and eliminate any potential CBC, or coil bucket contact. Since these are trucks and not Jeeps, your probably not rock crawling so I wouldn't worry about it as long as your caster/camber, and any alignments are still at OEM settings. I was under the impression that the OEM UCA's on these RAM's were kinda weak, but I don't know that for first hand either. But again, I suspect someone with prior experience or first-hand knowledge may be able to better clarify that for you.

renzo2213

Reaction score
No suspension expert, but a UCA is going to give you better articulation on full droop and eliminate any potential CBC, or coil bucket contact. Since these are trucks and not Jeeps, your probably not rock crawling so I wouldn't worry about it as long as your caster/camber, and any alignments are still at OEM settings. I was under the impression that the OEM UCA's on these RAM's were kinda weak, but I don't know that for first hand either. But again, I suspect someone with prior experience or first-hand knowledge may be able to better clarify that for you.

Yea that’s what I’m worried about. I have the stock ones on now. Just need to know if I should get ones with a better angle

Trebel

Reaction score
Yea that’s what I’m worried about. I have the stock ones on now. Just need to know if I should get ones with a better angle

Id say without question. Better safe than sorry in that scenario .

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While many have reported good success with oem uca's and level kits I'm going with the mopar UCA's which are same as oem expect ball joints with greater angle travel. $100 for both sides can't be beat IMO.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

renzo2213

Reaction score
While many have reported good success with oem uca's and level kits I'm going with the mopar UCA's which are same as oem expect ball joints with greater angle travel. $100 for both sides can't be beat IMO.

That’s it?! Do you have a link for them? I’ve only been seeing UCA’s for $300-$500

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s it?! Do you have a link for them? I’ve only been seeing UCA’s for $300-$500

Here you go, they are a vendor here if you message them they will usually send you promo code for free shipping. Part numbers in attached pic

58438acbe327055b6061eeab5db660b6.jpg

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I don’t disagree with better safe then sorry. Over all consensus is 2” on stock ride no issues have been come forward. Same as ORP w/2”level, which already a 1” higher then stock ride height.

2.5-3” above is recommended, but not have to on ORP. Again, those that still run stock ucas with those levels have not come forward with a issue. That I have read into this mod, unless I missed something.
So if you have the extra money then by all means it won’t hurt. If not, and not getting crazy off-road I don’t see it being a issue.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score

Yea, I'd agree with the others, get the aftermarket units and just never have to think about if the joints in the UCA's are gonna fail early. At worst, they are probably better quality than the OEM units, at best that + better articulation.

Users who are viewing this thread