5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add-A-Fuse

MLB12

Reaction score
Has anyone had occasion to use one of the Add-A-Fuse 'kits' in the under-dash fuse box, and most specifically, without having to modify anything? Just a straight plug 'n play, like they are typically supposed to be.

If so, can you please post the manufacturer, and also a part number.

The reason I ask is because I've only been able to find a couple of different ones, and neither have the profile of the fuse tabs, such as those found in Cavity 66, and also, one whose body and tabs are long enough to actually plug into the existing fuse cavity without having to modify any of the fuse box edges or separators.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure if you are talking about this but I used the kit on the pic to wire a dash cam and it worked perfectly 100% plug&play

8c7f536e71dd77d9b7f1ea71da5313e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLB12

Reaction score
This is what I was looking for, a product referral from someone who used an actual product in the fuse box. Just as a follow-up, which fuse cavity did you plug it into?

Thanks very much for your help on this.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9K4K2T/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for a dash cam hardwire. I can’t remember which fuse but I found the info on this forum. I remember it was in the lower right corner. I will say it was very tight because it barely fit within the raised plastic rim but it did work. If you can’t find the post with the fuse number repost and I will pull my cover and look. Fuses are getting tiny. You need micro pliers to pull and set them.

drsubie

Reaction score
If you just need to hook up an extra power wire and don't need the dash cam wire, this is what you want:

micro add a fuse

You need the micro fuse size...

Users who are viewing this thread