5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive cruise control: rate your satisfaction!

jastevenson

Reaction score
The differences in quality of adaptive cruise control between different makes/models can be dramatic.

Some manage throttle and braking smoothly and gracefully, and easily handle common occurrences like cars merging into your lane in front of you while the cruise is active.

Others are jerky, accelerating too slowly or quickly after a stop, or slamming on the brakes when a car enters your lane.

How is the adaptive cruise on the Ram?

Reaction score
Just started using mine, 2nd weekend with the truck. I had the rotten luck of having a 2nd chance of buying my truck and splurged a bit the second time around and bought that package and I must say that after getting used to it, I like it. But I have never had another vehicle with adaptive cruise control. So I have no comparison to go by.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s very solid, in my opinion, but it can still be aggressive when you get cut off, etc. I use it all the time. You might surf earlier threads for opinions...here are a few:

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've played with it and it seems to work OK. I just find that I'm not patient enough to sit behind someone that can't maintain a consistent speed and can't manage to keep up with the speed limits.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have and like it. Works reasonably well. But here is another take on it. If you get it and don’t like it, just don’t use it. But if you don’t buy it and later think you want it, no way to add it afterwards in a reasonable cost way. Also, for what it is worth, could possibly help on resale as everyone wants new safety features these days.

James1414d

Reaction score
I use mine regularly and like it. I'd give it an 8 out of 10. It acts weird when someone slows in front of you to turn off of the highway, or switches lanes in front of you. It can't compare to a Subaru with the same technology, but it does work fairly well.

RPeezy

Reaction score
I have it and use it all the time. As others have alluded to, it can slam on the brakes if someone cuts you off, but that could also prevent an accident. Overall, I think it works quite well, and I'm glad I got it. It also comes with lane keep assist, park assist, and surround view camera, so even if I didn't like ACC, the package would still be worth it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread