5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adaptive cruise control issue

massram21

Reaction score
i bought a 2021 big horn with level 1 safety group which had listed in build site as having adaptive cruise control but when i got it truck it was not included ,dealer says not all features listed as being in package under advanced brake assist come with it , feel that i was misled and getting duped ,anyone else have this happen, also have level 2 equipment group

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
i bought a 2021 big horn with level 1 safety group which had listed in build site as having adaptive cruise control but when i got it truck it was not included ,dealer says not all features listed as being in package under advanced brake assist come with it , feel that i was misled and getting duped ,anyone else have this happen, also have level 2 equipment group
run your vin and see what it was built with

put your complete vin where is states "YOURVINHERE"

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Level 1 Safety Group for 2021 doesn't show ACC as part of the package. Not sure if that recently changed or not though. My question is whether it's listed on your build sheet. It's as simple as this: If it's listed on your build sheet, your truck should have come with it.

2021 Bighorn lvl 1 sfty grp.JPG

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ACC is not available on Big Horn

Laramie is the lowest trim you can get it

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
BTW, you can added it yourself as you have most of the devices needed. You will need a new ABS module, HCU, the ACC steering wheel button, and AlfaODB to enable it.

massram21

Reaction score
Level 1 Safety Group for 2021 doesn't show ACC as part of the package. Not sure if that recently changed or not though. My question is whether it's listed on your build sheet. It's as simple as this: If it's listed on your build sheet, your truck should have come with it.

View attachment 113096
if you click on more info then on > next to advanced brake assist it shows that # 3 on that is

View attachment 113096
if you click more info and then > next to advanced brake assist it will show #1, #2 and #3 ,. #3 says that this feature comes with dynamic cruise control , when i bought truck thinking that it came with what is listed in package ,all that is on purchase agreement is level 1 safety group not any of the individual features contained in it or any of the info you get by going into more info

massram21

Reaction score
BTW, you can added it yourself as you have most of the devices needed. You will need a new ABS module, HCU, the ACC steering wheel button, and AlfaODB to enable it.
^^this. It has never been available on the BH, at least not yet.
level 1 safety group was available on build and is on my vehicle sticker but with everything but the dynamic cruise control listed as part of it even though it is listed as part of package when i bought it and is still listed under this package for 4x4 quad cab with 6 ft bed. click on more info and then > next to advanced brake assist and it is still there now

massram21

Reaction score
ACC is not available on Big Horn

Laramie is the lowest trim you can get it
still is available on web build ram for big horn 1500 quad cab ,4x4 5.7 e torque ,392 axle with 6 ft4 in bed in level 1 safety group. part of advanced brake assist along with forward collision warning which is #2 feature listed as part of this package in you click on more info on advanced brake assist. i just checked the site and still available

vincentw56

Reaction score
No, you are incorrect. Adaptive Cruise Control is not listed at all.

massram21

Reaction score
level 1 does show installed with full speed forward collision warning +, advanced brake assist , pedestrian emergency braking , and lane keep assist on my build sheet so you can see my confusion about this with the advanced brake assist saying adaptive cruise control is part of this system

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
level 1 does show installed with full speed forward collision warning +, advanced brake assist , pedestrian emergency braking , and lane keep assist on my build sheet so you can see my confusion about this with the advanced brake assist saying adaptive cruise control is part of this system
please post your vin number

vincentw56

Reaction score
But that is not saying you get it. It is just explaining what it is. So no, it is not on there. It would have said "Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go" as the listed bullet pointed item and not Advanced Brake Assist. If you actually read it, it says that it uses the same system from the adaptive cruise control system. It does not say you get adaptive cruise control.

massram21

Reaction score
But that is not saying you get it. It is just explaining what it is. So no, it is not on there. It would have said "Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go" as the listed bullet pointed item and not Advanced Brake Assist. If you actually read it, it says that it uses the same system from the adaptive cruise control system. It does not say you get adaptive cruise control.
it is a little bit misleading then but i can see what your saying

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Exactly what I was saying. If it's not specifically listed on the build sheet, you didn't get it. It would say "Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go" as a separate line item...
View attachment 113157
too many posters are relying on the build web site when it clearly states
"*MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title and registration fees. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. Pricing and offers may change at any time without notification. To get full pricing details, see your dealer."

Users who are viewing this thread