5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actuator noise after truck shuts off

Dum101

Reaction score
I've been noticing that after I shut the truck off there is a noise coming from the rear of the truck about 30 seconds later that sounds like some sort of Actuator motor doing something. Does anybody have any idea what this is?

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will also do it on air ride trucks if you pull on a door handle when it’s off

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fuel pump could also be a suspect. I have auto e-brake disabled and I have the same noise.

Csiezega

Reaction score
I have the same noise, sounds like the hand brake but have it disabled also. Do you have etorque? Was thinking it could be something with a battery vent or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the electronic parking brake calibrates itself whenever you turn off the vehicle. I've tried it with auto parking brake on and off, still makes the same noise.

Jordan has supplied the correct answer.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 008564 miles.

mrfreon

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 1500 Diesel (without air suspension) makes a high pitched noise for 2 minutes or longer after turning off the engine. I have tried to locate the source of the noise without any luck. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to eliminate it?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes..even though disabled. It still
Does it. What I discovered, is it “enabled”, then you have to push release every time you put the truck in gear.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
I posted this yesterday on a different thread but this might be better here.

I too have noticed some weird exterior noises with my ‘20 Bighorn. I can’t explain how these noises sound really but every time I remote start it, it sounds like the front led lights are waking up or adjusting just before starting. Also, after parking the truck I hear a weird motorized sound from the rear most of the time. If I had to guess, I’d say it’s the electric parking brake doing something. But I never use that so I’m not sure why it would make any noise unless it’s a self check.

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 1500 Diesel (without air suspension) makes a high pitched noise for 2 minutes or longer after turning off the engine. I have tried to locate the source of the noise without any luck. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to eliminate it?
I also have that exact noise in my 2020 ED, no air suspension.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't care what noise my engine makes....as long as it KEEPS making it!

Users who are viewing this thread