5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actual measured height of RC 3.5 vs RL 3.5 lifts

Jcalton

Reaction score
Can members that have either the Rough Country 3.5 lift or the Readylift 3.5 post their before/after measurements if they were taken? Or just the after measurements if before wasnt taken.

Also if the measurement can include if it was ground to bumper, ground to wheel well, center hub to wheel well, if the before/after was taken with the same tires or different. Also if the truck has the off road package or rebel.

Looking at the two kit I dont see how the RC lift could be the same height as the RL.

Thanks in advance.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can members that have either the Rough Country 3.5 lift or the Readylift 3.5 post their before/after measurements if they were taken? Or just the after measurements if before wasnt taken.

Also if the measurement can include if it was ground to bumper, ground to wheel well, center hub to wheel well, if the before/after was taken with the same tires or different. Also if the truck has the off road package or rebel.

Looking at the two kit I dont see how the RC lift could be the same height as the RL.

Thanks in advance.
You should watch this video of rough country vs readylift kits. After viewing it myself I purchased the Ready:Lift SST 3.5" lift kit.

Jcalton

Reaction score
You should watch this video of rough country vs readylift kits. After viewing it myself I purchased the Ready:Lift SST 3.5" lift kit.

That is kind of the point but also not the point. I have seen that video which is actually part of what made me want to post this. The RC lift doesn't look like it would achieve the same lift as the ReadyLift kit so I was interested in how far off they are from each other in actual lift gained.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear spacer in the RC lift only provides 1" of lift. The rear spacer in the Readylift kit provides 2" of lift. Both kits provide ~3" in the front.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is kind of the point but also not the point. I have seen that video which is actually part of what made me want to post this. The RC lift doesn't look like it would achieve the same lift as the ReadyLift kit so I was interested in how far off they are from each other in actual lift gained.
Oh my apologies. I was under the impression you were comparing the two as to which is the better to go with...

Jcalton

Reaction score
Oh my apologies. I was under the impression you were comparing the two as to which is the better to go with...
Nah, hands down readylift. But that rc lift looks tiny compared to it. But the other post would make sense, I guess the rc lift is a true level and looks like ready lift still gives you a little bit of rake.

Sad because the 4th gen rc lift was pretty decent. But I guess it's easier to cast a knuckle than weld a spacer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah, hands down readylift. But that rc lift looks tiny compared to it. But the other post would make sense, I guess the rc lift is a true level and looks like ready lift still gives you a little bit of rake.

Sad because the 4th gen rc lift was pretty decent. But I guess it's easier to cast a knuckle than weld a spacer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If I'm not mistaken the Readylift SST 3.5 provides 2" lift on the rear and 3.5" on the Front which would make for 1.5" more lift on the front end leveling out the overall stance no? This is based on a ram w/out the 1" ORP and strictly on the stock suspension height.

jwm67

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the Readylift SST 3.5 provides 2" lift on the rear and 3.5" on the Front which would make for 1.5" more lift on the front end leveling out the overall stance no? This is based on a ram w/out the 1" ORP and strictly on the stock suspension height.
No, the factory rake is 2in

Users who are viewing this thread