5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Tuned Mass Module Temporarily Unavailable

Jim N

Reaction score
I posted this in "SBs, Maintenance and Warranty Issues" but have received no responses:

"New 2020 1500. "Active Tuned Mass Module Temporarily Unavailable" message pops up after about 5 miles every time and then about every 30 minutes there after. Have taken it back to the dealer who replaced the module but I still get the message. Have an appointment next week to drop it back off, I'll get a loner. They stated it might be a software issue. Any body have a similar problem?"

I'm currently in a loner awaiting the dealers solution.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/tsbs-maintenance-and-warranty-issues.38/post-thread

Drewster

Reaction score
What's the weather like by you? Is it possible that it's cold AF and the damper can't work correctly?

Jim N

Reaction score
Been 80s to 50s for high and 60s to 28, one day, for low. Temp doesn't seem to matter

bramorebel

Reaction score
I posted this in "SBs, Maintenance and Warranty Issues" but have received no responses:

"New 2020 1500. "Active Tuned Mass Module Temporarily Unavailable" message pops up after about 5 miles every time and then about every 30 minutes there after. Have taken it back to the dealer who replaced the module but I still get the message. Have an appointment next week to drop it back off, I'll get a loner. They stated it might be a software issue. Any body have a similar problem?"

I'm currently in a loner awaiting the dealers solution.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/tsbs-maintenance-and-warranty-issues.38/post-thread
Did you ever get a solution to this? I have the same issue.

Distilledbison

Reaction score
I picked up my 21 rebel back in september and have been having the same issue as well. Under heavy acceleration it would pop up (which makes sense) however at highway cruising speed if will pop up as well, which strikes me as odd considering that would be the best time for it to be available.

martinez.michael86

Reaction score
been having the same issue in my 2021 big horn, been trying to research what the heck I can do to avoid having to bringing it in to get looked at. may plan for it to get looked at the next time I go get it serviced.

MaineDoug

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with this issue? My 2019 just started doing the same.

mwalkuski

Reaction score
This is just one of the many issues we have had with our 2019 Limited. It used to pop up every once in a while, but on our road trip today it has started pooping up literally every 5 seconds. If I hear one more ding I might go insane.

I pulled the code and for us it is C1517 Right vibration sensor circuit short to ground so I'm going to look at the wiring and see if something is messed up.

mwalkuski

Reaction score
Ok for me I got under there in the parking lot just now because I was seriously about to go insane lol. Found that the sensor body is cracked around the plug so water must be getting in there and shorting it out. It was raining before it started going crazy this morning so that makes sense. Unplugged it for now and no more warning every 5 seconds. Now to find the replacement part number.

Attachments

• 20220612_093212.jpg
    20220612_093212.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 90

Distilledbison

Reaction score
Ok for me I got under there in the parking lot just now because I was seriously about to go insane lol. Found that the sensor body is cracked around the plug so water must be getting in there and shorting it out. It was raining before it started going crazy this morning so that makes sense. Unplugged it for now and no more warning every 5 seconds. Now to find the replacement part number.
Im gonna take a look at mine on my lunch break and see if I see the same issue, ill report back with what i find.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I drove around with mine unplugged for a month or so diagnosing a vibration problem and did not receive any warning messages, also the truck drove and felt the same.

These are for dampening MDS vibrations from the 5.7 Hemi, I'm 99% certain they are not found on the ecodiesel or Pentastar V6. If you disable MDS regularly these are basically excess baggage

Distilledbison

Reaction score
Just checked mine, no cracks on either side, unplugged and plugged back in thinking it wasn't initially installed incorrectly but nope. Still getting the message...

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
I drove around with mine unplugged for a month or so diagnosing a vibration problem and did not receive any warning messages, also the truck drove and felt the same.

These are for dampening MDS vibrations from the 5.7 Hemi, I'm 99% certain they are not found on the ecodiesel or Pentastar V6. If you disable MDS regularly these are basically excess baggage
Did you ever figure out the vibration problem? I seem to be having one as well, which is what brought me to this forum…

Users who are viewing this thread