5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Noise Cancellation question.

Soilsample

Reaction score
So I recently installed a PAC Amppro in my ‘21 Ram along with a sub and amp.
I also bought the harness to bypass the ANC but didn’t install it yet.
I don’t hear any strange sounds like popping or drone when listening to my music with the new amp and 12” sub.

Would I benefit from installing the ANC bypass harness?

my only complaint is that the sub sound output is lackluster compared to the same equipment in my previous truck using a LOC tapping into speaker leads for signal.
Thanks!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I *believe* the amppro gets its signal before anything is done to it by the amp and ANC, so the harness shouldn't be necessary. I know the amppro comes with a bass knob type deal, did you adjust that? Maybe the gain on the amp? Are you using a DSP?

Soilsample

Reaction score
Yes the amppro has a gain knob. It has to be cranked to 10 for decent output.
the amp gains are maxed out. It should literally beat the window out of the truck but it’s just “ok”

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
Which Amp Pro piece did you use, the APSUB or the AP4? What factory audio system is in your truck?

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
In that case, I would say just check to make sure your dipswitches are set correctly. Especially number 2 which gives either 4 or 5 volt preouts. Also, I would check in the Amp Pro PC app to make see if anything has been changed. The frequency/ Q factor could have an impact if it was changed and not set correctly. I use the Amp Pro pieces at work all the time and never have issues with little to no bass.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
What powertrain do you have? If you don't have the Hemi, You don't have ANC anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread