5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Noise Cancellation - How good?

WRH

Reaction score
I don't know how to turn it on or off, if it is even possible, so I don't know really how much it quiets things--but I'm curious. How good is it? I think it's only engine noise that is cancelled, and sometimes I like to hear my engine anyways. In some fancy sports cars, they actually do the reverse and enhance engine sounds in the cabin.

But for this rig, does anyone have any thoughts? How much of a difference does it make?

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone that has disabled theirs and would be able to give you any sort of meaningful feedback. I saw your other post about the DSR1 disabling the ANC. Why not just unplug the wiring harness from the module underneath the driver's seat and see if you notice the difference driving around? You won't be able to listen to music during that time period, but it would be the best way to find out if you think it makes a difference.

You could even get someone to ride along with you and have them disable/enable the system but not tell you what they did and you'd have to guess based upon the noise. Do that a few times and see if you guess correctly.

WRH

Reaction score
I considered that. Honestly, the electronics has everything tied together so much anymore I was nervous about it, lol. I may try that. Either way, I'm going to have unhook it sooner or later.

On another note, I disconnected the battery when I took off the door panels. Since I'd be unplugging harnesses and all just didn't want to take a chance. When I started it back up, most of my features were missing from the center panel (no backup camera, etc). I called the dealer, they didn't know. I called supported, waiting, they didn't know. In fact the guy on the phone told me never to disconnect the battery--only the dealer can do that. I'm like, you can't be serious. Right in the instruction manual it tells you to when jumping another car. He said, well, you should leave that to the professionals.

Yeah, right. The day I can't disconnect my own damn battery is the day I don't deserve to own a truck. Or that truck doesn't deserve me. Come on, a battery? That thing is going to be disconnected many many times before I'm done with her.

WRH

Reaction score
Easy. Couple bolts, then they popped off. Hardest part was deciding to pull hard enough to get it to snap out of the connectors around the sides and bottom. Brand new truck... I get a little nervous ripping things down.

WRH

Reaction score
Similar to those, but a bit more complex. Those are the style holding the cover in place behind the back seats, these door clips are a bigger and stronger. Not a rivet style snapping that you have to release. They are two piece. I should have taken a picture of them. You won't need a tool. Pull straight out and they pop off. I slowly pulled harder each time until they came free. Most of them separated so half stayed in the door, half on the panel. Some pulled both pieces out and were still on the panel. A couple fell on the ground. I put everything back in to place and it all went back together nicely.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm familiar with the two piece connectors you speak of! Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread