5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active front air dam removal……..

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Question for any of you guys that have removed the active air dam. Once removed, are there any lights, warnings, check engine light associated with removal?

Recently made a trip down to Lone Pine, CA with the wife and at times I scraped that damn thing while one some trails. No damage, just annoying AF. Will eventually be running a Chassis Unlimited Octane front winch bumper but for now, just removing the whole thing along with the plastic lower air dam attached to the bumper would give just a tad bit more clearance for approach angle.

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Removed AAD because I had a AGS CEL. Once u unplug it, tape up and tip zip tie the connector out the way. If you have any CEL, have oreilly clear it and u should be ok from there

GWillings

Reaction score
Question for any of you guys that have removed the active air dam. Once removed, are there any lights, warnings, check engine light associated with removal?

Recently made a trip down to Lone Pine, CA with the wife and at times I scraped that damn thing while one some trails. No damage, just annoying AF. Will eventually be running a Chassis Unlimited Octane front winch bumper but for now, just removing the whole thing along with the plastic lower air dam attached to the bumper would give just a tad bit more clearance for approach angle.

Thanks for any input.

Unplugged and unbolted from the frame. I have not had a single light or warning pop up for it.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of their truck without the front chin spoiler and aad piece? i was interested in what my truck would look like without them...

cervelo15

Reaction score
Did mine a long while ago and zero lights or warnings. Taped the plug off with electrical tape to prevent water from getting in.

I want to do the actual air dam piece too but waiting to see a good skid plate option to prevent vermin or debris getting up into the engine bay.

CHONRAM

Reaction score
For those of you that removed it, have you noticed an increase in wind noise or a decrease in mpg? Looks better for sure, just wondering what the cons are if any.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those of you that removed it, have you noticed an increase in wind noise or a decrease in mpg? Looks better for sure, just wondering what the cons are if any.

Not really any difference so far. My truck is leveled, but still no noticeable difference.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Since my AAD was ripped off while doing some mudding, I have actually noticed sllightly better fuel mileage. I doubt it's related to THE AAD though, but definitely didn't lose and gas mileage without it

Users who are viewing this thread