5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Across road trip update daily Toronto to Vancouver 4420KM/2745 Mile

hengda

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Thought I take this opportunity to share my journey with you all as I make my way across the country in Canada tomorrow Feb 21.

We can use this as a testing session for any questions that you may have regarding how our Ram performs after a long trip. If anyone interested, please post and I will try to share / answer at end of each day.

Schedule.
Day 1: Toronto to Sault st Marie
Day 2: Sault st Marie to Thunderbay
Day 3: Thunderbay to Regina (Long day)
Day 4: Regina to Calgary
Day 5: Calgary to Vancouver (long day)

Truck
2020 Ram Rebel 5.7
Black Appearance Package
Safety Group
Tow Package
Level 2 Package
Truck will be fully loaded up as I am moving with my home belongings.

68203c392f23dd5a80936839c8cf7c32.jpg

Edit 1: 5.7 engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

barr0208

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Thought I take this opportunity to share my journey with you all as I make my way across the country in Canada tomorrow Feb 21.

We can use this as a testing session for any questions that you may have regarding how our Ram performs after a long trip. If anyone interested, please post and I will try to share / answer at end of each day.

Schedule.

Truck
2020 Ram Rebel
Black Appearance Package
Safety Group
Tow Package
Level 2 Package

say hi when you get close to Winnipeg lol

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Schedule.

Truck
2020 Ram Rebel
Black Appearance Package
Safety Group
Tow Package
Level 2 Package

Safe travels! Interested in how the Duratracs perform in the snow and if the road noise bothers you on dry pavement over long stretches of time. I put them on my bighorn recently and the increase in noise was immediately noticeable around town (without the radio on) compared to stock, which I expected of course, but I haven’t been on the highway yet and I hope it’s tolerable for long trips w/ fam in the future.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Schedule.

Truck
2020 Ram Rebel
Black Appearance Package
Safety Group
Tow Package
Level 2 Package

5.7 or ED

hengda

Reaction score
Safe travels! Interested in how the Duratracs perform in the snow and if the road noise bothers you on dry pavement over long stretches of time. I put them on my bighorn recently and the increase in noise was immediately noticeable around town (without the radio on) compared to stock, which I expected of course, but I haven’t been on the highway yet and I hope it’s tolerable for long trips w/ fam in the future.

I’ll check that out. The weather don’t show any snow for now. Might experience some during the last day through the Rockies

Tones1975

Reaction score
I'd be interest in the fuel consumption on the Toronto to Sault ste Marie and the Sault ste Marie to Thunder Bay legs of the trip; driving from Barrie to Thunder Bay in essentially the same truck. Mines a 2019 Rebel 5.7 CC.

21TRX

Reaction score
I'll be making a similar trip soon...final destination Sicamous
IMG_20200112_140920830_HDR.jpg

hengda

Reaction score
I'd be interest in the fuel consumption on the Toronto to Sault ste Marie and the Sault ste Marie to Thunder Bay legs of the trip; driving from Barrie to Thunder Bay in essentially the same truck. Mines a 2019 Rebel 5.7 CC.

The road was clear with out any snow. Got to Sault st Marie right now with a average of 16.8 per 100. The roads constantly changes from high way 90+ to 60 in city road. I’m hoping the consumption will drop after getting on number 1.

I actually have a 2019 big horn also. And for sure there is a big difference in the noise level. But to be fair it wasn’t that bad for the drive today, with music turned on it wasn’t bothering me. Road condition was clear and dry. About -2 Celsius average.

Day1

Things I found out that I love and hate after the first day.

Assisted lane keep was a pain to use. Constantly feeling the adjustment due to poor road lane markings. Had to turn it off or constantly adjusting and swirl.

Adaptive cruise control. What a difference to have that. Made the drive a lot easier and relaxing. The road condition requires different traffic speed, instead of getting out of cruise all the time, the system just adjust automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread