5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accident!!!!

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
409df9b36e320cb72f862a30eb8760cb.jpg

8b679b2fbbf98ce3017a58d2c111f794.jpg

08bdfd53c1ad00b6c5c375c0798e9f78.jpg

Hit a damn metal chair that fell off a truck 🛻 n the road. Curios if it would be worth claiming it fix it myself I’m going to under it and see if I could beat the dents out the housing where the sensors go I’m sure I can’t hammer back into to shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a gorgeous busa in your avatar. Is that an LE?

For the bumper and if it were me, if there’s no frame horn damage (which i’d be amazed if there were), I would just buy the parts and install them myself. You don’t even need to do any paint work with the chrome bumper.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes that’s a LE done all the work myself also I switched the Z14(lol). Ok I figured that I’m about to get under there and check it out. I was also thinking do they sell an after market bumper with the sensors inserts since I’m going to change it out. Trying to find the part numbers now

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
These bumpers went up in price significantly in the last two years… first one I replaced was $320 brand new from the dealer. A year later they want $750 for the same bumper…
For this price, you better get an aftermarket bumper…
It’s also a pain to take out and put back if you don’t have someone helping you…
Maybe an insurance claim is not the worst option…

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These bumpers went up in price significantly in the last two years… first one I replaced was $320 brand new from the dealer. A year later they want $750 for the same bumper…
For this price, you better get an aftermarket bumper…
It’s also a pain to take out and put back if you don’t have someone helping you…
Maybe an insurance claim is not the worst option…

Geez. Damn it. Do the headlights have to come out if you remember

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Geez. Damn it. Do the headlights have to come out if you remember

I do remember. Just the bumper.
3 bolts on each side, one big connector on the driver side and it comes out. The problem is that it’s heavy and holding it is kinda awkward… you don’t have good spots to grab it from..
Not super hard but definitely frustrating at times lol

Users who are viewing this thread