5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Shutting Off When Shifting to Park

BlueRebel

Reaction score
I have a 23 Rebel with the 5.7 HEMI and 19,000 miles on the clock. I used remote start to turn on the AC for a minute before driving today. However, when I shifted into park, the AC shut off. This is the second time that this has happended to me. Also, for some reason, it turned on my window defrosters. After a few minutes, my AC came back on after manually turning off the defrosters (which were not even used today or when I last drove). Has anyone else had this issue?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 23 Rebel with the 5.7 HEMI and 19,000 miles on the clock. I used remote start to turn on the AC for a minute before driving today. However, when I shifted into park, the AC shut off. This is the second time that this has happended to me. Also, for some reason, it turned on my window defrosters. After a few minutes, my AC came back on after manually turning off the defrosters (which were not even used today or when I last drove). Has anyone else had this issue?
It's not on auto or anything like that? When you remote start, it turns on AC or heating as needed. Turning on the defrost automatically happens if the humidity sensor detects humidity up on the windshield in case it needs to defrost. Not sure if it's normal or not.

Users who are viewing this thread