5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC not as good as expected.

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
Quite a few people have commented on the Ram 1500 AC system. Including myself. Some say it takes longer to get cold and some that it doesn't get as cold as expected. I kept wondering why since AC systems are pretty well the same in all vehicles. I just discovered what the reason could be. There are fans on the lithium battery behind the rear seat and it also "leverages" the cold air of the cabin. So some cold air from the AC system is being routed to that mild hybrid battery. So there is indeed a reason for the comments about the AC.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of AC discussions. It is a known issue. There are options if you search the threads.

Any info on your truck?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 was horrible for my standards...non etorque...had the TSB done and was only marginally better. Was the main reason I was not sad to let the truck go. My 2023 is ICE and I love it!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I doubt the battery fans are causing much of an issue.

How about sharing some details about your truck? We won’t really be able to help without that.

Users who are viewing this thread