5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC issue fixed?

mxracer32

Reaction score
Still debating on a new ram and its winter so im not sure if there has been a fix or that not many people are complaining about it. Im normally hot natured and need COLD ac for the hot summer months here in North Carolina. Its not unusual to see weeks of hitting 100 degrees with high humidity and no breeze in this area. Has the AC issues been fixed? are they blowing cold for people now? I read on you tube there was a possible fix at the dealership of adjusting some air deflector under the dash or something, it was hard to follow. i need to make sure my next vehicle is really good in the AC department.

Flot

Reaction score
Now that ambient temp is under 85 my AC is working pretty well. :rolleyes: Unfortunately I think it'll be next summer before we see major resolution...

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a difficult one... is it defective or a matter of personal preference as to what is 'cold enough'.

Give one a spin and see if it is 'cold enough' for you...

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Florida. I bought my RAM at the end of August. Since I purchased my RAM, we have had many 100 plus degree days. Personally, I haven't seen a problem with the A/C. I find that it works best if I select AUTO and set it around 70 degrees. Operating in manual does not seem as effective on initial starts. However, if I use manual and go to the Uconnect climate control and select MAX A/C, that works pretty well too. The Windshields on these things make it like a greenhouse when its hot out, especially when parked with the windows closed. I use a sunshield when I park it to help. On really hots days I'll open the sliding rear window to help push the air out until the truck cools off. Its a heck of a lot better than my 2012 JKU with the soft top was (no more hot head in the summer). Really, I saw all the comments on A/C and was concerned before I bought mine; but I think its fine.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Worked fine for me when I turned it on, but haven't yet had a summer to really work it hard. The ventilated seats should also help if you have that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/