5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC fixed ?

dstwyatt

Reaction score
I was an early poster on how underperforming the a/c was on my ram. I went through all the channels.....and basically gave up. However, I took the ram in for some recalls, other things(brakes, wind noise, hood flopping, etc) and I could swear the ac is performing better. 101, hot and humid today and it's blowin colder than it ever has. do u think the dealerships are "fixing" the ac and just not admitting it? I haven't had covid, so I don't think my heat hating nature has changed

Mr_Leday

Reaction score
I noticed an AC issue right away within a week of purchase of my 2019 1500 limited. The explanation was the ac comes from the factory undercharged which makes the blower motor work harder and in turn burns it out. That was replaced and a day later I had no AC. It stopped working altogether. After taking it back they kept it for another week waiting on an ac module/ harness that supplies power to the compressor. I have had no issues since and it definitely blows cold like it should as needed in Texas.

ac1dd

Reaction score
If folks could do all others a favor with this problem, get a inexpensive digital thermometer with a probe and measure the vent outlet temp in recirculate mode on AC Max on a fan speed that is 3/4 of full speed and post this with the
ambient outside temperature in the shade along with the relative humidity as well. Thanks other members will thank you for this!;)

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Outside Temp: 85
Outside Humidity: 40%
AC Temp at "LO" and Recirculate after 15 min @ freeway speed: 53
AC Temp at "LO" and Not on Recirculate after an additional 10 min @ freeway speed: 63

Used infrared temp gun.

KcRay

Reaction score
Thank you, and to plenty of people (not knowing their vent temperatures), that would feel just fine. Feeling cool, or cold is not only subjective, its also relative.

dstwyatt

Reaction score
so i was getting about 52 degrees before at best......now it's at 48......can't believe I would notice that little difference....

KcRay

Reaction score
so i was getting about 52 degrees before at best......now it's at 48......can't believe I would notice that little difference....
Right! Thanks for making that point. Just think what 40 degrees would feel like.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I will have to do this because mine is absolutely horrible only gets slightly cool after about 20 minutes of driving only 400 miles on the truck!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If folks could do all others a favor with this problem, get a inexpensive digital thermometer with a probe and measure the vent outlet temp in recirculate mode on AC Max on a fan speed that is 3/4 of full speed and post this with the
ambient outside temperature in the shade along with the relative humidity as well. Thanks other members will thank you for this!;)
I'd be happy to do this. But I can't seem to find one of these thermometers that would be delivered before the end of summer. Do you have a link to a good source for one of these?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd be happy to do this. But I can't seem to find one of these thermometers that would be delivered before the end of summer. Do you have a link to a good source for one of these?
Here’s a link to the type of old school analog thermometer that I use. Says they have 10 in stock.

Nibis

Reaction score
Right! Thanks for making that point. Just think what 40 degrees would feel like.
My 93 Mazda B2300 would blow 38, I used to mess with people, turn it on full blast and wait for them to say something, I would be freezing, LOL. I swear onetime it gave me brain freeze

RVJ

Reaction score
My front drivers side temp is 52 no matter what the outside temp is although, when it is above 80 degrees it will take it 6-8 miles to get there and my front passenger side is 45 degrees no matter what the outside temp and also when it is above 80 degrees it takes 6-8 miles to get there.
If I am in town it will take 20 minutes to cool off the vent air. The cabin never gets what I would call cool. I had a 2016 and a 2018 Ram that had a far superior AC than this one. To be honest, If I would have test driven it when it was 95 I would have kept my old truck.

KcRay

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread