5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC DRAIN'S FOR 2019 GEN 5 DT TRUCK Location/Drain Issues

turkeybird56

Reaction score
OK, well I was reading about other AC issues and one of the problems were AC drains on trucks/vehicle set not draining backing up into vehicle. Well ne way, I have kinda sorta noticed that I really have not been seeing any "water" draining from the truck after parked where I would see it after running AC. Particularly since I have the clamp hack installed, and AC working pretty good. Well I You tubed all over, and no info on drain ne where. All the tubes said by fender guard by RF wheel. NOT !!! At least on MY 19 DT truck, the "DRAIN": IS located in the engine bay, right side, under the lower heater hose on the firewall. There was no water draining, and I had the truck running. ALL the tube suggestions said hit it with air. NE way, I was not near garage so used non-sharpened pencil end. After insert gently, turn twice, wala, water draining. The friggin DRAIN is almost horizontal in an easy to reach place, but horrible place good angle to collect debris and clog. JUST figured and post for PPL to see read and do wat they want.

DA BOIRD.....

AC DRAIN 2019 DT RAM.jpg

turkeybird56

Reaction score
The above is why I installed this lil bit of 5/8th inch hose and a 1/2" - 3/8" piece 90 degree PVC to facilitate draining, and slow down on the debris getting into the drain and clogging it up.

Drain hack.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread