5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Demons

DonGarefalos

Reaction score
Ok need some help. I have a 2019 Ram 1500. For the past 2+ years I’ve been having an issue on and off with my air conditioning. At times, I completely lose control of the AC. It will switch to 72 degrees, full blast at face. I can turn the dials and the display shows that the temperature, Force, and blower direction changes - but the AC stays in full blast 72 deg face. Tried everything I can think of but it’s stuck here. The AC usually starts working again on it own (I’ve had the problem last for everything from a few minutes to a few days to 3 weeks). I’ve taken it to the dealership SEVERAL times, and they are ZERO help. They tell me Everything from “oh we don’t have the right technician around to diagnose” to “oh we see the problem, but because WE can’t produce the problem we can’t help”.

Anyone else having this issue?

GerryS

Reaction score
I had my AC behave like yours for the first few hours after replacing the battery. You might be losing power to the AC intermittently. I would check for loose ground connections and maybe reseat the fuses.

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread