5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC blows on windshield = foggy

BlackLoneStarHemi

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? 27192 The AC blows on windshield and foggy condensation forms. Happens every day. When I took it to the dealer - they replaced a part to stop so much air from being directed on the windshield. But the issue continues

Firebird

Reaction score
I just noticed a little of this on mine the other day, but now it is too hot to do it again. Will just watch to see if it happens again.

EddieB

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Appears that some a/c seeps out from the dashboard at all times. Only happens in AM for me and in city driving. My truck before this did the same thing. Don’t care to have the dealer look at it because it requires dashboard removal.

NewRam2019

Reaction score
I also have the same problem every morning. I have the 2019 new stile RAM. I just rented a 2019 classic Ram and it does not do it. Has anyone been able to get this fixed?

Last edited:

Michael6.4

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue? View attachment 27192 The AC blows on windshield and foggy condensation forms. Happens every day. When I took it to the dealer - they replaced a part to stop so much air from being directed on the windshield. But the issue continues
Anyone else have this issue? View attachment 27192 The AC blows on windshield and foggy condensation forms. Happens every day. When I took it to the dealer - they replaced a part to stop so much air from being directed on the windshield. But the issue continues
Yes , same issue, hoping for a recall fix .

Michael6.4

Reaction score
I have the same issue , took to dealer they did a reconfigure or something of the such , basicly hooked to the computer and supposed to test and reset everything, still dose it , im hoping for a recall fix . If anyone knows of a fix or recall please let me know .

Wsmith

Reaction score
On hot humid days, in the am this happens to me also, but it also happened with my 2015 Silverado and 2019 Ridgeline. I just need to deal with it, AC defrost vent must not seal tight on any of these vehicles.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
heat/humidity will cause it - though what's your vent direction? just upper vents / all vents / air speed?

High fan speed coupled with just upper vents = leaks into other ducts simply because the high fan speed is setup to effectively power all vents open, as vents close, you end up with higher pressure, causing vent doors to leak. It's not great, but there's an explanation

1601573956757.png

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Happens to everyone if the humidity is high, and the outside temp is higher than the AC temp. Everyone has seen this effect on every car they own on the side windows if your side vents are facing towards the side windows. I also see a version of it on my 2021 530i but only in the center and up about midway on the windshield and about the diameter of a baseball. Not near as annoying as the Ram but there for the same reason.

Michael6.4

Reaction score
This still goes on, when set to straight it blows a little on the windshield, when set to straight and feet very little comes out the windshield vent but still come out, when set to feet only it blows out the windshield and floor the same amount, when set to floor and windshield it blows out the floor and wind shield very hard this is the only position correct. is there a blend door recall ???

Users who are viewing this thread