5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABS and TC lights

50Front

Reaction score
I had my windows tinted and in the process the battery ran low. The tint guys jumped it and i have had no starting problems since but the ABS and traction control lights along with other related items have stayed on. I have tried to reset everything by disconnecting the battery for an hour but the lights and warnings came back when started. I tried clearing the codes but they come right back.
I am showing these codes:
U1514: Engine controller secret code: missing message
U103C: KIN/IGNM communication: no sub type information
C2206: MIL/CONFIRMED vehicle configuration mismatch: no sub type information
C2227: ABS disabled ECU: no sub type information
C212A: system voltage signal below allowable range
U0415: invalid data received from ABS control module "a" no sub type information
P1DF3: ECU not initialized: no sub type information

Everything was fine before the battery died. This is the original battery, so 5 years old and 60k miles. Battery voltage according to the dash is around 14.5 but varies between 14.3 and 14.7 depending on the day.
Do i have a bad ABS module maybe damaged from the jump or a battery problem or something else? I appriciate any help or thoughts on this. Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had my windows tinted and in the process the battery ran low. The tint guys jumped it and i have had no starting problems since but the ABS and traction control lights along with other related items have stayed on. I have tried to reset everything by disconnecting the battery for an hour but the lights and warnings came back when started. I tried clearing the codes but they come right back.
I am showing these codes:
U1514: Engine controller secret code: missing message
U103C: KIN/IGNM communication: no sub type information
C2206: MIL/CONFIRMED vehicle configuration mismatch: no sub type information
C2227: ABS disabled ECU: no sub type information
C212A: system voltage signal below allowable range
U0415: invalid data received from ABS control module "a" no sub type information
P1DF3: ECU not initialized: no sub type information

Everything was fine before the battery died. This is the original battery, so 5 years old and 60k miles. Battery voltage according to the dash is around 14.5 but varies between 14.3 and 14.7 depending on the day.
Do i have a bad ABS module maybe damaged from the jump or a battery problem or something else? I appriciate any help or thoughts on this. Thanks
Could try a new battery and see if it helps. The voltage displayed is the charging voltage from the alternator. Not your battery voltage, unless you are checking it with engine off. And even then, battery voltage alone isn't a good indicator for if the battery is good or bad

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a problem with tinting the windshield? I was going to do clear ceramic on the windshield just to keep the ir/uv and the temps down.
If the person doing the tint isn't aware of the issues, and uses too much water, it can drop down in driver's side onto the BCM and fry it. Take extra precautions with soak ropes, and I personally shoved a rag up on top of the BCM before I took it to tint shop

John Galt

Reaction score
If the person doing the tint isn't aware of the issues, and uses too much water, it can drop down in driver's side onto the BCM and fry it. Take extra precautions with soak ropes, and I personally shoved a rag up on top of the BCM before I took it to tint shop
Thanks for the warning! I will definitely make sure, especially with all the dashboard leather too.

50Front

Reaction score
I decided to put a new battery in, went with the H8 AGM Everstart. This resolved 4 codes but i still had the ABS, parktonic and ACC codes. Its at the dealer now, hopefully it just needs the ABS module flashed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online