5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to buy a GatorTrax tonneau. Bad idea?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Have been looking at the various tonneau covers. I think I have settled on the GatorTrax, which as far as I can tell is a rebadged Retrax.

It isn’t cheap though. If you have one and regret it (or love it), would love to hear from you before I pull the trigger!

Anyone have experience with this? Lots of tonneau threads, but am looking specifically forward reviews of the GatorTrax/ReTrax.

Thank you!

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
I bought one and like it. The canister takes up some bed space, but i expected that. It is convenient to open and close (can be done with tailgate open or closed) and low profile. If i had a complaint it would be when driving at high speed it will shimmer a little, but its still solid and in place. I had a fiberglass tonneau on my last truck and am much happier with the gatortrax.

knightro84

Reaction score
I have a GatorTrax too and like it - it was pretty easy to install, and it works well. Like was said above, it flutters a bit at highway speeds but nothing wild. My dad has a GatorTrax MX on his 3500 and it's really nice (the aluminum one). I think if I were to do it again I'd drop the extra money on that one.

dano257

Reaction score
I have one and like it. Lockable and watertight. Easy install and can be removed by yourself if you need the whole bed. I haven't noticed the shimmer on the highway. I've had it about 18 mos and no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread