5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to buy 2022 TRX / Level II - Price / thoughts?

Adam2019

Reaction score
After spending way too much time kicking the can around on this truck I am inclined to grab it after reading all of the comments. What am I going to do with 702HP in Houston? I don’t know…..burn gas as stop signs and on the freeeway? I don’t drive a lot so I should be able to keep the miles down. Jump RR tracks?
I thought my 1500 Laramie gets bad gas mileage…..it won’t hold a candle to the TRX a burn rate.
on a totally different note, does anyone reccomend swapping out the stock muffler for a true aftermarket performance or does that just make it sound ridiculous?

thanks to all!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After spending way too much time kicking the can around on this truck I am inclined to grab it after reading all of the comments. What am I going to do with 702HP in Houston? I don’t know…..burn gas as stop signs and on the freeeway? I don’t drive a lot so I should be able to keep the miles down. Jump RR tracks?
I thought my 1500 Laramie gets bad gas mileage…..it won’t hold a candle to the TRX a burn rate.
on a totally different note, does anyone reccomend swapping out the stock muffler for a true aftermarket performance or does that just make it sound ridiculous?

thanks to all!
I would drive it for a bit with the stock exhaust. It’s plenty loud, and sounds perfect in my opinion.
If you want more performance out of the TRX, you’ll need to focus on the front end - the exhaust is plenty adequate.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

thanks to all!
If you haven’t discovered it already, go to the TRX forum. Lots of good info there, and it’s exclusively TRX material.
www.Ram-TRX.com.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Ok, here is the build sheet. Note that this has 12,000 miles on it…..it does have the heads up display which I forgot to mention. All Black with tinted windows. Almost perfect condition. $52K after I trade my truck including taxes etc. what y’all think?
that is not the build sheet

that is the window sticker

window stickers do not list everything the truck is built with

if you would not have blackened out the vin we could run the build sheet for you

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

thanks to all!

You don't need to justify getting a TRX. You only live once, so you might as well enjoy yourself. I get a :poop: eating grin on my face every time I hammer the throttle.

If you buy it, I would get it scheduled for either an IGLA or Ravelco anti-theft device. Living in Houston, it won't be yours for very long without one of them.

Like @Eighty said, the stock exhaust is plenty loud. I drove one with a loud exhaust and it was obnoxious. I couldn't wait get out of that thing. It almost changed my mind about getting a TRX.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

thanks to all!
you don't need to find reasons to justify a purchase like that when these are going no more soon.

hell, if I could squeeze 500 miles/ tank out of it I'd jump on one even if that means I have to selling my E90 M to help with payment.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
you don't need to find reasons to justify a purchase like that when these are going no more soon.

hell, if I could squeeze 500 miles/ tank out of it I'd jump on one even if that means I have to selling my E90 M to help with payment.
You could install an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed, maybe get Ramboxes and convert 1 half to a tank?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could install an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed, maybe get Ramboxes and convert 1 half to a tank?
i have other uses for the bed. Rambox wouldn't work with my build especially with a GFC that I want to put on lol
In case you don't know (i've mentioned in some of my threads/ posts) the main purpose of my build is for my Alaska Trip that is supposed to happen next year and do Dalton Highway. There are fueling locations on the highway, but they are far and not always open/ work. Hence I am planning for the worst: that I have to do the entire Dalton on one tank plus a 5 gallon aux. That's where the 500 miles/ tank number come from.
And I really want to have a GFC for that trip... so at least if I want to I have the option of staying inside the bed with the panels closed in bear country. That'd be really great for having to use the portable toilet at night... last thing I want is having a bear come up while I'm taking a dump lol

So with GFC rambox won't work and the bed area will be reserved for Pro Eagle jack, firewood, extra tools, extra water (for showering and putting out camp fire), shower and bathroom kit, and my rotopax. One spare will remain at the factory spare location, and I probably will have to get a Ultraswing to carry second spare.

Edit: I am 99% sure I'll be doing this alone so the usual having one dedicated fuel truck and one tool truck method won't work.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ramboxes aren't available on the TRX.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
I’d run from it.. there is a reason they dumped out of that truck. Good trucks stay with owners, carfax lies… need to pull the warranty service records from a dealer (if they will help).. personally it’s a NO way.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
yeah idc how good of a deal or what anyone tells me. im not buying anything with a motor that powerful USED. lol
i cant afford it ether way but if i could i would do all i could to buy New, if not new i wouldnt buy.
@Eighty and @Idahoktm yall are lucky as hell. cheers and enjoy!

Quietpeen

Reaction score
If you buy it, I would get it scheduled for either an IGLA or Ravelco anti-theft device. Living in Houston, it won't be yours for very long without one of them.
This is the best advice you can get

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all……I found another 2022 TRX. Can someone check the VIN number and let me know if this one has any known issues?

thanks my friends!
1C6–SRFU90NN–407585

Reaction score
Hey all……I found another 2022 TRX. Can someone check the VIN number and let me know if this one has any known issues?

thanks my friends!
1C6–SRFU90NN–407585
Hey, cant see any visible issues with this one. Did you bought it, what was the price?

Users who are viewing this thread