5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to buy 2022 TRX / Level II - Price / thoughts?

Adam2019

Reaction score
Considering a 2022 TRX with Level II all blacked out….12K miles.
85K……what say you guys?

thx!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
or if you can wait see what Mark Dodge can do for you for similar price!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
or if you can wait see what Mark Dodge can do for you for similar price!
Can't place orders for the TRX anymore. It's strictly allocation for 2024, and the TRX (as we know it) dies at the end of the year.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
85K……what say you guys?

thx!
The devil is in the details. Can you provide the last 6 digits of the VIN?

Adam2019

Reaction score
85K……what say you guys?

thx!
Car fax is clean. spec sheet had it at $93,120…. No sunroof. Just level II, bedliner and running boards.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Car fax is clean. spec sheet had it at $93,120…. No sunroof. Just level II, bedliner and running boards.
Well, based on that I would say the truck is overpriced. I have a 2022 Level 2 with a lot more options, and I just received an email from Carfax saying that the history-based "average price" for mine is currently $76k. I believe that's a little low. But if I were to add the price of my additional options to the sale price of the truck you're looking at, it would put mine well over $90k - and that's not a realistic resale value right now.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't place orders for the TRX anymore. It's strictly allocation for 2024, and the TRX (as we know it) dies at the end of the year.
can't even order 2024 TRX?! They closed the order bank already?!
damn that's fast

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
can't even order 2024 TRX?! They closed the order bank already?!
damn that's fast
The order banks were never really open for 2024 on the TRX. A lot of dealers took pre-orders, but under the caveat that Ram might not accept them.
A few orders have been converted from 2023 to 2024. And Ram is building several allocated trucks (about 800 as of right now). But they’re only turning out 1 to 3 per day. They’re presumably holding off until the end of the month to start building the “Final Edition” TRX’s. There will be as many as 4,000 of those. Not for custom order, though. Allocation only.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The order banks were never really open for 2024 on the TRX. A lot of dealers took pre-orders, but under the caveat that Ram might not accept them.
A few orders have been converted from 2023 to 2024. And Ram is building several allocated trucks (about 800 as of right now). But they’re only turning out 1 to 3 per day. They’re presumably holding off until the end of the month to start building the “Final Edition” TRX’s. There will be as many as 4,000 of those. Not for custom order, though. Allocation only.
ah... not good news for those in the market.

good thing i'm not in the market for one lol
TRX is something i'd buy only if I win lotto. Next upgrade for me will be power wagon

Adam2019

Reaction score
85K……what say you guys?

thx!
Ok, here is the build sheet. Note that this has 12,000 miles on it…..it does have the heads up display which I forgot to mention. All Black with tinted windows. Almost perfect condition. $52K after I trade my truck including taxes etc. what y’all think?

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 48

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here is the build sheet. Note that this has 12,000 miles on it…..it does have the heads up display which I forgot to mention. All Black with tinted windows. Almost perfect condition. $52K after I trade my truck including taxes etc. what y’all think?
I don't know that the Window Sticker pricing is really relevant at this point. It really comes down to what the market says it's worth.

First of all, the 2022 TRX had several changes to the base price. At the beginning of the model year, the base price was $73,380. Then it went up to $75,680. Then it went up to $76,780. Then it went up to $77,780. Then it went up to $78,790. Then it went up to $83,790. I might be missing one or two interim price increases.

The one you're looking at was towards the higher end of the price range. Had that truck been built in late 2021 (like mine was), it would have been $5,410 cheaper. The market doesn't really care when it was built, only that it's a 2022. And since there's a range of more than $10,000 during that model year, I just don't think the original MSRP is a good indicator of its worth.

With all of that said, it's really only a matter of whether YOU think it's worth the money. As you know, the TRX (as we know it) is being killed off. So the standard logic would be, "get one while you still can". I personally think that the 2022 is the best model year. In 2023, they introduced the digital dash, which is an upgrade to some people (not me, I love the original dash). But in 2023, they started cutting some things out. Tiny things, granted. But paying more money for less truck doesn't make a lot of sense.

As I mentioned above, I think this truck is a little overpriced. But if I was in the market to buy one, I probably wouldn't waste any time locking one down. As long as it's the one you want, with the options you ultimately want, then you should probably buy it.

Just do some due-diligence on the truck itself. Several buyers have found that the trucks were modded (pulleys added, tunes, etc.), which could void the warranty. And you might also get a good look at the undercarriage for signs of hard off-roading or abuse.

Adam2019

Reaction score
Thanks for all of that info! Really helpful! I’m just on the fence with this one…..
impressive knowledge about the pricing. Can you tell by the last 6 on the VIN if this one was built and had any issues (ie. Old style springs in the front and not the newer HD springs to correct the full gas tank lean). 241059

thanks!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all of that info! Really helpful! I’m just on the fence with this one…..
impressive knowledge about the pricing. Can you tell by the last 6 on the VIN if this one was built and had any issues (ie. Old style springs in the front and not the newer HD springs to correct the full gas tank lean). 241059

thanks!!
I can't tell you any specific about problems (as there's no way to know that), but it wouldn't have the old springs - they solved that at the end of the 2021 model year. This truck was released from the plant in early July of 2022, and it was one of the later 2022's to be built. Most of the kinks were worked out by that time. For example, when Ram "simplified" the ordering process at the beginning of the 2022 model year, they messed up a bunch of the trucks. There were 279 TRX's built with the Level 2 package, but the Harman Kardon stereo system was missing (and it was supposed to be part of the package). Lots of angry buyers.

As a fun aside, I can tell you that this is 1 of only 14 trucks built with this configuration. There was 1 similar build for 2021, and 6 similar builds for 2023. It's a fun little analysis I do over on the TRX forum.

1694184447579.png

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Might be a little high but if the history is clean on this truck and your motivated to buy a TRX I say go for it. Not like they’re in huge supply at this price so doubtful there will be any huge discounts anywhere. Anything with a Hellcat motor is about to go crazy with value when they finally stop producing them.

Adam2019

Reaction score
that’s some outstanding info on that truck! appreciate the help! If I can get them down just a bit I might just grab this one over the weekend!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
View attachment 166938

I was joking around like I was interested in this TRX. Used 2023. Perhaps can be use as a reference point
I think it's funny they show they are selling for less then MSRP, but tax on enough fake crap to make it higher then MSRP.
"Accessories"

Edit
Just realized it was used too.
I wonder how many cars the owner got for trading this into that Nissan dealership

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread