5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AA randomly stopped working..

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Android Auto working otw to work this morning.. otw home all it says is 'Device not supported'. Figures the warranty on this POS system ran out 2 months & 4k miles ago and now it decided to take a ****.

Rebooted the phone and the truck..nothing. Unpaired the phone, repaired.. nothing. uninstalled (as much as you can now) AA, reinstalled, nothing.. tried ports 1, 2, and 3.. same error. From everything I'm reading on here the damn USB hub took a ****??? Does that sound right?

I cannot believe I have to tear into the dash and replace parts on a less than 3yr old truck with 40k on the clock! 🤬🤬🤬

IgneousOhms

Reaction score
Weird, I had the exact same thing happen Monday. FWIW I did a battery negative off for about an hour and it cleared it fine. Still no wifi hotspot but whatev.

2020 PW Lv 2 12"

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Android Auto working otw to work this morning.. otw home all it says is 'Device not supported'. Figures the warranty on this POS system ran out 2 months & 4k miles ago and now it decided to take a ****.

Rebooted the phone and the truck..nothing. Unpaired the phone, repaired.. nothing. uninstalled (as much as you can now) AA, reinstalled, nothing.. tried ports 1, 2, and 3.. same error. From everything I'm reading on here the damn USB hub took a ****??? Does that sound right?

I cannot believe I have to tear into the dash and replace parts on a less than 3yr old truck with 40k on the clock! 🤬🤬🤬
Wild. I had the same thing happened Sunday/Monday. I have a 22. The Friday before, only 1 speaker was working and I couldn't control the volume.
Took it to the dealer Friday, speakers worked. Went hunting on the weekend, got back in the truck Sunday and no android auto.

Randomly came back Tuesday.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...so odd, finally drove the truck to a wedding Saturday night. Wife plugged her phone in and AA connected with zero issues.

Tried mine otw home and it connected like nothing ever happened.

I hate technology.. :cautious:

Users who are viewing this thread