5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A year and a couple months in my Limited review

RT70808

Reaction score
Well here is my unbiased review after 15 months or so of ownership.

The good -
Love the truck, pleasure to drive, like all the extras of the limited build

The bad -
Power Steering Issue - bad ground cable issue

Uconnect still flaky - a few random reboots, possibly related the the ps ground cable issue, intermittent Bluetooth drops , not sure if it’s uconnect software or iPhone X software

The indifferent -
Fuel economy of the hemi, they obviously got the epa rating on a cool Michigan day doing 55.. I average 12.5 city driving in hot humid Louisiana weather. Recent trip in 50 degree weather on a US Hwy doing 45-65 I hit a alltime high of 18.5.

Door dings, two of them. I wish the the chrome trim on the doors was higher both dings are above it where the crease is.

PITA to find trailer fuses, my boat trailer lights shorted and I blew 3 fuses before I found the issue. NAPA stocks them btw, forget autozone or oreilly.

What I’ve done to it since I have owned it -
Installed the mopar chrome bug shield myself
Installed the mopar hard trifold cover myself
whats next -
Replace the Falken tires with something a litter bigger.

Mileage - 20k

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've owned mine for a similar time period with almost 24,000 miles on it. I've taken it in to the dealership for recalls, oil changes and one warranty repair (a drivers door trim molding). I've had the 12" screen reboot exile driving 3 or 4 times but beyond that I'm completely satisfied.

rudyyoko

Reaction score

The good -

The bad -

Uconnect still flaky - a few random reboots, possibly related the the ps ground cable issue, intermittent Bluetooth drops , not sure if it’s uconnect software or iPhone X software

The indifferent -
Fuel economy of the hemi, they obviously got the epa rating on a cool Michigan day doing 55.. I average 12.5 city driving in hot humid Louisiana weather. Recent trip in 50 degree weather on a US Hwy doing 45-65 I hit a alltime high of 18.5.

Door dings, two of them. I wish the the chrome trim on the doors was higher both dings are above it where the crease is.

PITA to find trailer fuses, my boat trailer lights shorted and I blew 3 fuses before I found the issue. NAPA stocks them btw, forget autozone or oreilly.

whats next -

Mileage - 20k
Wow, that is really low gas mileage. I bought a 2014 quad cab 4x4 with a hemi, 3.21 gears new and I traded it in when I had about 45k miles on it. At that point I was averaging around 18 mpg everyday driving. It was about 65% highway and 35% city. Strictly highway was around 21 hand calculated, not the computer. I bought a 2019 crewcab 6.4 bed 4x4 with 3.21 gears in august of 2018. It has 15k miles and I average 16.8 everyday driving and 18.5 strictly highway. I do watch my driving so I am not an aggressive driver and always try to mind the gas gauge. But I do use my truck, I pull a travel trailer that is about 6500lbs loaded. Get around 12mpg on the highway. The gas mileage on my 2019 is gradually going up and has gotten better as the miles go up. Good luck with your truck.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The good -

The bad -

The indifferent -

whats next -

Mileage - 20k

I'm with you on the side molding. I've got a door ding just above it that I've been meaning to get PDR'd. And that fuse location. No idea what they were thinking there.

I am shocked at your city MPG. We have very similar trucks except I've got eTorque and 3.92. My combined mileage is 17.2 and that gets pulled down by hwy driving where I get just a hair over 16 doing ~75. I'm now north of 19K miles.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is the air conditioning?
I spent the first 11 or 12 months of ownership in Florida. I have never had concerns with the A/C operation. There are 100'S of thousands built and I've been into 4 different dealers in Florida and Michigan and none of the service areas have indicated they are seeing gobs of complaints regarding the A/C. There might be 50 very vocal owners on here that think it should blow ice cubes and anything less is unacceptable. I don't want, and I'm not in the minority, 40 degree air blowing on me in 90 degree summer temps. I can get the cabin down to my 74 degree auto setting within 5 minutes even when it was pushing the mid-90'S with tropical humidity earlier this year.

BLS65

Reaction score
I spent the first 11 or 12 months of ownership in Florida. I have never had concerns with the A/C operation. There are 100'S of thousands built and I've been into 4 different dealers in Florida and Michigan and none of the service areas have indicated they are seeing gobs of complaints regarding the A/C. There might be 50 very vocal owners on here that think it should blow ice cubes and anything less is unacceptable. I don't want, and I'm not in the minority, 40 degree air blowing on me in 90 degree summer temps. I can get the cabin down to my 74 degree auto setting within 5 minutes even when it was pushing the mid-90'S with tropical humidity earlier this year.
Same here! I find myself adjusting the temp up on drives more than 45 min. my truck gets damn cold even on 90+ Florida days.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Regarding the door dings..... when I’m parked in a tighter spot than I care to be I’ll put the truck in OR2 and leave the side steps deployed.... A few extra steps but it seems to be working for me.

klail

Reaction score
Regarding the door dings..... when I’m parked in a tighter spot than I care to be I’ll put the truck in OR2 and leave the side steps deployed.... A few extra steps but it seems to be working for me.
I do this as well. I don't know if it'll help in all situations but if it helps even a little bit, it's worth it.

RSConsulting

Reaction score

Thank god for handicapped placard. Sucks to have a limp - but it's saved me from dings for the last 15 years...

Rick

RT70808

Reaction score
Thank god for handicapped placard. Sucks to have a limp - but it's saved me from dings for the last 15 years...

Rick
You’re Fuelly signature matches my MPG. I think my factors are the hot weather, city driving, no etorque, no start/stop and the fact that if my engine is running so is the a/c. Lol. On the A/C note, I think mine was subpar but put it off. Last oil change and tire rotation I had them check and they said it was low. Poor PDI upon delivery I suppose. It takes a minute to get cool, but it’s got down here and it’s a large truck. I agree with other If I’m driving past 30 mins I have to raise the temp because it does get chilly.

Users who are viewing this thread