5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A vote for replacing dash speakers in Alpine 9 speaker system

PaulPaladin

Reaction score
Just finished replacing my 3 dash speakers with the Infinity Reference 3032cfx ($80/pair).

best $160 and 15 minutes I’ve ever spent. Did the 2 corner speakers first and improvement was noticeable, and then a few days later added the center and wow. I’ve never messed around w car audio and this was like easier than cooking burgers. Need the Metra 72-7902 wiring harness as has been well documented.

better sound across the spectrum, but max vol is a little lighter (although still absolutely fine)

and now I have a spare speaker :) if anyone wants it lemme know.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll buy your spare.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
I was looking at this as well but kind of gut stuck around omh ratings of stock vs new speakers and also how they are parallel wired with the front door speakers etc.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I was looking at this as well but kind of gut stuck around omh ratings of stock vs new speakers and also how they are parallel wired with the front door speakers etc.
Like the OP said above the 3ohm speakers just move the volume up a bit. Meaning if you jam out at 18 now, the same loudness will be around 20 but much cleaner than stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PaulPaladin

Reaction score
Vincent gets my extra speaker and DJ, I obsessed about all that. In the end I’d say it’s totally worth it but if for some reason you don’t like it you can put it back to stock in 15 min and sell the speakers and be out maybe $50....

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
Vincent gets my extra speaker and DJ, I obsessed about all that. In the end I’d say it’s totally worth it but if for some reason you don’t like it you can put it back to stock in 15 min and sell the speakers and be out maybe $50....
I am convinced than. I will google them up and get set.

BostonBLS

Reaction score
Same speakers? What about headliner issues?

no headliner issues. The clips are a pain to get out but you just have to go for it. Same increase in sound quality as the front. Not sure why the infinity speakers wouldn’t fit. The kickers I used fit fine. Maybe just need to trim the plastic slightly or something.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Infinity for the front - BEST UPGRADE!
The rear is good with Kickers(same size), Infinity's are too thick for the rear.
I swapped the door speakers with Infinity primus too, What a great sounding system i have now!

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
I see everyone using kicker and infinity but has anyone used like a more superior brand like sundown audio 3.5s?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I see everyone using kicker and infinity but has anyone used like a more superior brand like sundown audio 3.5s?
Not going to give you anything... This system is not that high quality to start with...
It's going to be a waste unless you go full on with new amps and EQ's...

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
Not going to give you anything... This system is not that high quality to start with...
It's going to be a waste unless you go full on with new amps and EQ's...
What would be the best options since you are right about the stock system not having enough power

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
You need to go with Digital Output Converters(PAC-LOC etc.), AMPS, New speakers, Subwoofer and sound deadening.
im sorry I meant

what would be my best option As far as swapping 3.5 speakers out with me having a stock head unit and factory sound system

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
im sorry I meant

what would be my best option As far as swapping 3.5 speakers out with me having a stock head unit and factory sound system
Infinity Reference In the dash and doors.
If you have the Base system, you need Bass-blockers for the 3.5" dash speakers.

Truck1

Reaction score
I put Focal door speakers in and it sounds pretty amazing. But running two additional amps. One to the door/dash and one to the subs.

Attachments

• C6830C30-D7ED-480B-A37D-51E7448C3B9C.jpeg
    C6830C30-D7ED-480B-A37D-51E7448C3B9C.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 38

805myth1

Reaction score
For my truck I used a 5 channel amp for the dash/ headliner and 12" sub. And a 4 channel amp for the doors.

20200917_081432.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread