5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A shout out to BedRug

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First, I love my BedRug. (I bought because of how good my neighbor's BedRug is.)

So, when I helped my son get a truck, I bought him a BedRug as well.

I removed his BedRug today (a year after install). His truck is a work truck. When I pulled up the BedRug, the velcro strips that hold it to the bed peeled up and had lost all their adhesion.

I made a call to BedRug Customer Service and spoke to Nikki. They're sending me a set of free replacement strips.

It's nice to deal with a standup company.

Thank you BedRug!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put one in my Truck, but have not used the Velco Strips except fot the Tailgate. It was too cold at the time.
When i go to install the AUX Fuel Tank, I will do the Strips. I need to pull the Cap off too for that install.

Malodave

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to rough up the area first, steel wool or sand paper.
No you don't. The velcro adhesive will stick very strong with the adhesion promoter, and it doesn't damage the paint in any.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You need to rough up the area first, steel wool or sand paper.

I didn't. I have the factory spray in bed liner but I hate those spray in liners. I simply cleaned the area with alcohol then applied the adhesion promoter then the velcro. Been on for 2.5 years with no loss in adhesion

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had all kinds of tools, hay bales, furniture, tractor implements, bags of mulch, and who knows what else in my Bedrug and it's doing amazing. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread