5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pleasant find!!

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
try since late 90s

And quite a few manufacturers put them there. My wife's Chevy Traverse has the radio control buttons on back of steering wheel is same spot. Granted, they are larger buttons. It's more natural place to have them to me. I have a 2002 Volvo with them in the front and it just isn't as intuitive.
If I remember right, my 1992 Lebaron GTC had those buttons.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I have a 2019 rebel and I have always thought it was odd that the steering wheel doesn't have volume and skip buttons on it. Heck most higher trims do on any other manufacture and make. Even my wife thought it was strange. Well today I cleaned the cab out as we will be taking the truck to visit family for xmas. I reached all the way around behind the steering wheel and I noticed what felt like BUTTONS! I have owned this truck since i bought it brand new and just found the volume and skip buttons. They are conveniently located behind the wheel where you can easily access them. What a great start to xmas!! Unbelievable
Just in case you're like me, but even slower..... check your key fob. You might have remote start.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right, my 1992 Lebaron GTC had those buttons.
Yeah, I know for sure the 96+ Dakotas had them. Didn't know how far back it went. My 92 Daytona did not, but it might not have had the Infinity system from factory. Had no radio when I bought it

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I know for sure the 96+ Dakotas had them. Didn't know how far back it went. My 92 Daytona did not, but it might not have had the Infinity system from factory. Had no radio when I bought it
My '96 Dakota Sport didn't have buttons on the steering wheel, but then it was stripped down model. The only options were V6, AT, and AC.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about the funnel! Had my truck for 1.5 years and never knew it was there. Good thing I never ran out of gas....

Only took about 6 months for me to discover the buttons on the back of the steering wheel.
We ran out of gas in my wife's then new '15 charger within sight of a gas station but never knew the funnel was required (It was missing from our dealer demonstrator car) and it was raining at night and cold. The most aggravating breakdown of my life. Half the gas went on the pavement as I held the gas door open with my knife.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
I have a 2019 rebel and I have always thought it was odd that the steering wheel doesn't have volume and skip buttons on it. Heck most higher trims do on any other manufacture and make. Even my wife thought it was strange. Well today I cleaned the cab out as we will be taking the truck to visit family for xmas. I reached all the way around behind the steering wheel and I noticed what felt like BUTTONS! I have owned this truck since i bought it brand new and just found the volume and skip buttons. They are conveniently located behind the wheel where you can easily access them. What a great start to xmas!! Unbelievable
When I used to have my 2010 Jeep Wrangler, I always hated that the window switches were under the radio and not the doors.
It was annoying to open and close the windows for my rear passengers all the time.
That went on for about 2 years until I finally realized there were window switches on the rear of the center console for the rear passengers to use…LOL

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I used to have my 2010 Jeep Wrangler, I always hated that the window switches were under the radio and not the doors.
It was annoying to open and close the windows for my rear passengers all the time.
That went on for about 2 years until I finally realized there were window switches on the rear of the center console for the rear passengers to use…LOL
Windows aren't a problem if you just remove the doors and top like you're supposed to. :p

edgarrian

Reaction score
Im certainly not one to read the manual when i buy a vehicle. Maybe i should start. Thanks for the heads up as I didnt know about the funnel either. Its always nice to learn new things about a ride.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Had to have premium sound option on top of Infinity 6-spesker radio.
The olde Lebaron definitely had the Infinitys! I remember cranking those things up with Ozzy.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
I found the buttons on my '22, but at my age, I can't twist around enough to see the labels! I guess I'll have to "ask Manuel" to find out which one does what.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found the buttons on my '22, but at my age, I can't twist around enough to see the labels! I guess I'll have to "ask Manuel" to find out which one does what.
Pretty intuitive. Left hand. Up button is tune up, bottom button it tune down. Center button cycles through al your presets. Right hand. Volume up/down and enter button cycles through the different media optionsz such as AM/FM, SiriusXM, input, CD(if you have one)

RJ-Golem

Reaction score
Hmmmm, there's a funnel under the passenger seat. That's good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/