5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little Peace of Mind for those still waiting for their 2019 RAM

alanstahl

Reaction score
I am one of the luckiy ones so far with my new 2019 RAM Limited. Lucky in the sense that I can say without reservation that this truck was designed well and yes everything will work as it should. In other words, the problems some are experiencing is either early build or a defective or defective parts. My AC is fine, not as cold as my 2016 but in the Los Angeles area to date, it's been fine. My HK radio works as it should, plenty of volume and great sound. That said my Alpine in the 2016 sounded pretty much the same. So its more about 19 speakers, the look of the grilles than the far superior sound. Lighting is excellent throughout. Quiality control, pretty good, passenger door is not as perfect as the drivers door but certainly acceptable. Running boards work great, gas mileage as expected, 14+ in city, 18+ on highway...real world, in other words enjoying the truck and not pampering the throttle. 5.7 Hemi Etorque, 3.92 gears. If I wanted I could probably get closer to 20-22 but want to enjoy this truck. RAMBOXES are great, need a little extra push to close , fit reasonably well so no complaints there, everyone should order. Brakes are fine, no turning clunks, reclinning seats work great, and about 1200 miles at this point. Only issue I have is due to the railyard storage, it has a light mist from sitting that will have to be buffed when I deal with ceramic or wax. I think that covers most of the issues some of you have had. I hope those of you who have had some problems get satisfaction from FCA. MY 2016 was a lemon law vehicle due to a turbo issue on eco diesel never resolved after 4 times in shop.. FCA finally stepped up and were reasonable and did as they promised, hence my new 2019 Limited. This is one beautiful truck, certainly the best truck out there now. Interior kills it! The ride by far far far the best. IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0024R.jpg and nicest available for 2019.

billyraff

Reaction score
Great to hear and awesome truck! I am waiting on my Laramie Sport to be built.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations, beautiful truck, and it's really great to hear that your is well built and you are happy with it. What was your actual build date?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the OP used "fine" as an expression to counter any false preconceived notions that anything about the 2019's is not fine. Not as a grade of quality.

Me - "How are your brakes?"
You - "Just fine!"
Me - "Great!"

@alanstahl, congrats on the new and fine looking truck you have there! Enjoy!

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Great to hear a positive post. Need more of them. I was super excited when ordering my truck, but have only seen negative post recently. Thus had to watch youtube to stay positive. Enjoy the truck!!!

alanstahl

Reaction score
I think the OP used "fine" as an expression to counter any false preconceived notions that anything about the 2019's is not fine. Not as a grade of quality.

Me - "How are your brakes?"
You - "Just fine!"
Me - "Great!"

@alanstahl, congrats on the new and fine looking truck you have there! Enjoy!
Fine means it works fine, satisfactory, as I indictated but not as cold as my 2016 1500. "Great" was my 2016 AC. Anyway, I hope that adds clarity. Also, I am in the Los Angelss area, low humidity so I cannot speak to living in the South where it's simply too wet for me.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Got my Limited yesterday.... Already 240 miles on it. Can't stay out of it. Spent hour at dealership rolling through the checklist.

Happy across the board except a small chip on the back of the cab and an alignment needed on passenger door.

- AC, HK stereo.... Both great.
- No Clunk, squeaks, rattles or anything annoying yet.
- all electronics seems to work well except front collision needs adjustment, probably camera aim.

NO REGRETS!

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Glad to hear a good experience. My truck is in transit right now so I'm crossing my fingers that I have a truck without the problems that have been reported. I know there are more trucks without problems than those with problems and that the ones with problems get written about more because the owners are either looking for help/answers or just letting others know what to look for. Because the reports are skewed it makes one nervous. Congratulations on your truck, enjoy it!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@ptrnfan you make a great point. Dealers are notoriously bad at downplaying issues for some reason that is beyond me. Forums like this one can often become bloated with complaints, but a neccessary evil to help owners find solutions and communicate issues to their service departments.

billyraff

Reaction score
IMG_20181102_075643_618.jpg
My Laramie Quad Cab came in last night. I ordered on 10/8/18. Absolutely love the first 50 miles i put on it. I went through every switch and toggle before taking it off the lot and the production seems very clean and well done, knock on wood! Staying positive.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
After receiving my new RAM 1500 on Halloween (now about 300 miles old) I noticed many things not discussed that I see as improvements over my 2017 RAM 1500. I have seen many negative things posted about the new RAM and I understand the frustration. I have the clunk, the shifter knob issue, and a Uconnect 8.4 connectivity issues with my iPod Classic. I’ve been told it’s not on the list of compatible devices. I find it odd that the Uconnect 8.4 is not backward compatible to the iPod Classic but it’s not.

Keeping in mind that I am anal retentive about some things that others see as acceptable and don’t necessarily notice things that bother others. The following is a list of things I see as improvements:

• The visors. The prior version didn’t fit well in the space between the mounting spot and the overhead console and didn’t have a strong detent to the stow position. The new, revised visors fit nicely and have a very positive detent at the stow position.
  • The B pillar shape. The seat belt tongue on the prior version would knock against the B pillar trim and drive me nuts. It was especially bad when someone used it because the belt would hang up on the lateral support on the seat. This would cause the tongue to sit sideways and hit the B pillar trim more frequently.
  • The door panel arm rest height and padding. The revised door panel arm rest has more padding and is positioned higher making it more even with the center console arm rest therefore much more comfortable.
  • The seats. The good and the bad. (The bad) The revised seat is narrower than my old seat and doesn’t fit my wide a$$ as well as the old one but (the good) the seat adjustment is much better. In the prior version if you wanted to raise the front portion of the seat the seat basically tilted back causing you to have to also adjust the back rest position. The lumbar support not only adjusts to provide more or less support it also has the position adjustable to be higher or lower. The head rests are now adjustable fore and aft as well as up and down.
  • Seat Memory Switch Placement. No more feeling around for the switch then pushing the button and finding out it was the wrong switch. Now it is easily accessible on the door panel.
  • The steering wheel, steering wheel switches and position. The new wheel seems to be better centered in relation to the driver’s seat. The position of the wheel is much improved with the addition of the telescoping column. I no longer feel like I am reaching for the hood to hold the top of the wheel. The audio control switches are also a big improvement over the prior switches. The prior version had a lot of slop in the button. It had much more side to side movement and slop between the internal contacts.
  • The turn signal lever. The old version was a bit clunky. The new can best be described as a much more smooth and refined feel.
  • Roof rigidity. When I washed my old truck the center of the roof would buckle when a small amount of force was applied. The new design has a much stiffer roof. The stiffening ribs, if that’s what you would call them go much further forward than before.
  • Antenna and windshield washer nozzles. Antenna mast is now gone and the nozzles are no longer on the hood. I like this for two reasons. First, better aerodynamics. Second, it's easier to wash and wax.

I’m sure there are other things to find. I am also sure most people won’t care. However, I wanted to share the things that I find as improvements over the previous model so we can have positive feedback on the forum as well as the deserved negative feedback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread