5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little help

jmr33

Reaction score
Greetings. I’m a new 2022 Ram big Horn owner and I’m really interested in doing the passive entry project. There are a few terms I’m unfamiliar with (and the associated devices) and I was hoping you would be willing to assist. I’ve read about OBD and bypass repeatedly, and I’ve done a little research on it. But I am really unsure which device or devices to purchase. Is there a standard one or any OBD device will do? I’ve seen prices ranging from 25.00 to 200.00. I need a little advice narrowing down which one, and a brief explanation of both the OBD and bypass if you would be willing. I’ve watched both the video on YouTube and have read through posts and I have to say that both of these were really done well and thoroughly. I feel comfortable with the wiring portion, but the reprogramming to me is a little intimidating.
Also, there was mention in the video of a significantly cheaper option for the tailgate antenna. Do you have any idea where to find this? I appreciate any assistance that you can and will provide.

Users who are viewing this thread