5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A gripe (first world problem) and an observation

GyRoCoN

Reaction score
Hey folks, as the title states, I have a gripe and an observation to share. Both of these may have been discussed already separately in other threads that I haven't read, and if so, I guess you can disregard :)

First the gripe. has anyone who's truck has the Sport "performance" hood that comes with the GT, Rebel, etc experienced how the little decorative "Vents" at the front of the hood seem to hold an immense amount of water after a rain or carwash? I swear these things spray water onto the windshield for an hour at highway speeds after a decent rain or a wash. And since it mists the water onto either side of the windshield, it doesn't activate the rain sensing wipers, necessitating a quick stab of the "mist" button. as the title states, first world problems lol.

Secondly for the observation, for us E-torque folks, I discovered that when coming to a stop, and the Auto S/S feature shuts down the engine, if you engage the parking brake, you can release the brake pedal and the engine will remain in autostop mode until the various system demands command the engine to restart. I know there tends to be a love / hate relationship with the Auto S/S feature, but for me it serves its purpose at times. Pulling up beside a friend and having a several minute long chat without having to shut down the engine the standard way or keep our foot on the brake pedal to maintain the Auto Stop is convenient. At times I like the fact that the engine isn't idling away when its not needed. like I said, to each their own. its just a quirk I noticed today and thought I'd share with you fine folks in case someone didn't know this and find it at least interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread